Sign in to follow this  
Dave

B-1B Lancer AKA "The Bone"

This could end up being the most heavily armed aircraft in history.... a 4 GAU-8 belly pack, a rotary launcher of AMRAAM's and a Rotary Launcher of SRAM's or Mavericks..... this bad boy is set to light the world on fire as the ULTIMATE CAS bird :lol:

Or in a nod to both WW2 and Airwolf..... a retractable belly pack containing the aforementioned GAU-8 Avengers......

Just a thought :lol:

That's kind of what I was thinking, only a 20mm on a lowered turret from one of the bomb bays. Kind of like the Phalanx (I think?) guns used on aircraft carriers as a "last ditch" defense against inbound missiles. It could also be used as a strafing weapon on low level bombing runs, but you wouldn't have to fly straight at the target (that the cannon was aiming at) because it's on a swiveling turret! The firing arc would obviously be limited due to engines and whatnot - but within limitations how cool would that be?

That would be ace.... only drawback i can think of is the IRM attack profile is tail on... and if you limit the turret sweep your not gonna be able to get the tail chase missiles... unless you do a EB-1C Vampire and have a tail mounted laser for tail chase missiles...

That would be ace.... only drawback i can think of is the IRM attack profile is tail on... and if you limit the turret sweep your not gonna be able to get the tail chase missiles... unless you do a EB-1C Vampire and have a tail mounted laser for tail chase missiles...

Nah, that's where the giant paintball gun in the tail comes in. It sprays backwards and covers up the seeker head so it can't track you.

Well, a Phoenix is much heavier to begin with, and that renders it at a marked disadvantage agility-wise, when it comparing to something the size and mass of an an AMRAAM. The '54 was designed to be a long-range bomber killer. The fact that "its faster", is again, a moot point against an agile target.

So when the phoenix gets close it opens up and releases the smaller nimbler missiles it was carrying! Woot multi stage air to air missiles.

Dels is making us a B-1R too.

Fubar sent me a beta FM and it flies well. Just waiting on the final one. Stay tuned.

@ will there be a pit for the B-1 or can we use the 111 pit?!

This still will be a AI only release.

Someone got time to build a pit?

:needpics:

That's all.......

So in the interim if one wanted to fly it with a substitute pit, would it work if one knew how to do it? Or does that require lots of reworking of other stuff to make it "flyable"?

Just curious, I've never delved to that level of editing - trying to make an AI flyable or use the cockpit from another plane. Not asking for instructions - I'll look them up if they're out there - just wondering if it's reasonably easy to do or a really deep edit that's best left to the "experts".

makein AI planes flyable is not much work... only 2 ini entries have to be changed and some files copied from one plane to another.. I would suggest for the first time to use the open pit method with a panel line ... damn can`t wait!

So in the interim if one wanted to fly it with a substitute pit, would it work if one knew how to do it? Or does that require lots of reworking of other stuff to make it "flyable"?

Just curious, I've never delved to that level of editing - trying to make an AI flyable or use the cockpit from another plane. Not asking for instructions - I'll look them up if they're out there - just wondering if it's reasonably easy to do or a really deep edit that's best left to the "experts".

Its easy and its all in the Knowledge Base. :biggrin:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=20789

:needpics:

Start at the beginning of this thread.

Just got back from 4 days in Prague... was hopeing this beaut was gonna be released by the time i got back :lol:

Man I've been gone to long...disapear and I come back to this!

There is going to be 2 versions, The early SAC model and the late model with the ALE-50's.

The early SAC model will have nukes only. While ther later will carry conventional only.

You guys really modeling TDS on this thing? That's bad news for the MiG drivers...

cue this B-1 EWS maintainer looking for serious security violations, lol :ok:

Hey bud...was wondering where you've been.

You want to see the ALE-50 in action, download the Super Hornet trio (E,F,G) that EricJ just put on the street...

FC

Hey bud...was wondering where you've been.

You want to see the ALE-50 in action, download the Super Hornet trio (E,F,G) that EricJ just put on the street...

FC

The black hole that is the Ellsworth flight line on midshift. Back on swings now so I'll be around alot more. I'll check out that Hornet stuff. Also you guys doing EL squadrons for this, or just your crappy old Dyess jets. I mean it would be nice to have plane that actually get off the ground :biggrin:

Edited by CowboyTodd41

Bah! Somebody has to take the 83 and 84 models off your hands...always taking up y'alls slack...

Yep, I went there. :biggrin:

Actually, if you got some good pics of y'alls nose art, maybe they can fit a few EL birds in somewhere...

FC

Bah! Somebody has to take the 83 and 84 models off your hands...always taking up y'alls slack...

Yep, I went there. :biggrin:

Actually, if you got some good pics of y'alls nose art, maybe they can fit a few EL birds in somewhere...

FC

Have 'em we don't want 'em, lol. Yeah I can dig some pics for you guys. Would really like to see 87 with the old "Screaming For Vengance" Judas Priest nose art again.

Cant wait to get my hands on this beauty.... low level carpet bombing, possible B-1R AND nose art? this waiting is gettin almost painful :lol:

Cant wait to get my hands on this beauty.... low level carpet bombing, possible B-1R AND nose art? this waiting is gettin almost painful :lol:

Its going to be a long wait until I get the motivation to work on it. Right now I have none.

Its going to be a long wait until I get the motivation to work on it. Right now I have none.

Take your time, we will wait for as long as it takes. Few of us could walk two feet in your shoes :good:

Edited by thundercheif