Well, this is what I go so far:

lamprey-1.jpg

lamprey-2.jpg

lamprey-3.jpg

I had to ditch all but the "MBB" and danger triangle decals -- I think there's something wrong with the tgas maybe??

These are ALL stock 3rdW decals off the WoE F4F; the numbers are one decal, the cross another (I've only done decal-on-decal once before, on the WW2 P-82 mod -- I guess it works sometimes!!--that's how the BLW Rhino's decal ini is, too)

As you can see, I think there's some open meshes in the wings, causing the massive bleed top and bottom. FC and I had a similiar problem on the wings for the XF-103.

I dig the lights!!! Expeically the landing/taxi lights!

Needs a gun, though...I'd suggest the BK-27 in one of the wing roots ala F-15 or Typhoon. I also changed the start year to 1995...just for fun. It's also nice to see my PilotUK getting some use too!! :biggrin:

If you want my suggestions for 'cutting meshes', I cut it fore and aft, right at the leading and trailing edges of the wing/fuselage join, creating "nose", "fuselage" and "tail", then you still have the VertTail for the squadron badge and etc, opening up a few more decal positions.

Wrench

kevin stein

Kev....thats good stuff...

The main problem is...as capun found...the wings were applied an external texture and the decals are now fine...it seems bare 3ds max material editor materials were the culprit.

It is now just go go go...with this now

I am now forging ahead on mapping it now...hope to get it done by next week...

I also have a few other things to get out now too.

Alas not Bucc yet...

its still a WIP tho

I quite like this little a\c ...

it does need a slight tinker with the data.ini as it rolls to right,when you try anything more than a 5 degree climb..

I might know whats causing that tho...

any ways

thanks for the assistance m8y

Russ

Do you want my decals ini, as a base to start from??

Wrench

kevin stein

UP!

One zip, SABOT, on the way!!

Wrench

kevin stein