Dagger

Rules of engagment(Marines Vs navy)

Marine versus Navy in a Gunfight

Marine Corps Rules for Gunfighting

1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your

friends who have guns.

2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life

is expensive.

3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast

enough nor using cover correctly.

5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and

diagonal movement are preferred.)

6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a

friend with a long gun.

7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or

tactics. They will only remember who lived.

8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and

running.

9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more

dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.

9.5 Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel

pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have

to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

12. Have a plan.

13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.

14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.

15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

16. Don't drop your guard.

17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.

18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep

your hands where I can see them).

19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.

20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you

meet.

22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.

23. Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong

commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

24. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does

not start with a "4."

Navy Rules for Gunfighting

1. Go to Sea.

2. Send the Marines.

3. Drink Coffee....watch the action on CNN

Being an X Navy person myself I find your list pretty funny, but i will ad that all you need to do is fart in a balloon and paint it red and a Marine will love it.

Here ya go, enjoy:

Blue water Navy truism; There are more planes in the ocean than there are submarines in the sky.

If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe.

Navy carrier pilots to Air Force pilots: Flaring is like squatting to pee.

When one engine fails on a twin-engine airplane you always have enough power left to get you to the scene of the crash.

Without ammunition the USAF would be just another expensive flying club.

What is the similarity between air traffic controllers and pilots? If a pilot screws up, the pilot dies; If ATC screws up, the pilot dies.

Never trade luck for skill.

The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh S#!+!"

Weather forecasts are horoscopes with numbers.

Progress in airline flying; now a flight attendant can get a pilot pregnant.

Airspeed, altitude or brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight.

A smooth landing is mostly luck; two in a row is all luck; three in a row is prevarication.

I remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous.

Mankind has a perfect record in aviation; we never left one up there!

Flashlights are tubular metal containers kept in a flight bag for the purpose of storing dead batteries.

Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding it or doing anything about it.

When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.

Just remember, if you crash because of weather, your funeral will be held on a sunny day.

Advice given to RAF pilots during W.W.II. When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible.

The Piper Cub is the safest airplane in the world; it can just barely kill you. (Attributed to Max Stanley, Northrop test pilot)

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum. (Jon McBride, astronaut)

If you're faced with a forced landing, fly the thing as far into the crash as possible. (Bob Hoover - renowned aerobatic and test pilot)

If an airplane is still in one piece, don't cheat on it; ride the bastard down. (Ernest K. Gann, author & aviator)

Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing. (sign over the entrance to the SR-71 operating location Kadena, Japan).

You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3. (Paul F. Crickmore - test pilot)

Never fly in the same cockpit with someone braver than you.

There is no reason to fly through a thunderstorm in peacetime. (Sign over squadron ops desk at Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ, 1970).

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time. (Author unknown, but someone who's been there)

"Now I know what a dog feels like watching TV." (A DC-9 captain trainee attempting to check out on the 'glass cockpit' of an A-320).

If something hasn't broken on your helicopter, it's about to.

Basic Flying Rules

Try to stay in the middle of the air.

Do not go near the edges of it.

The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there.

You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal.

ROFLOL! What is there to add, you both said it all...

GO NAVY!

Guest Ranger332

ROFLMAO

All i can add is

R.A.S.B.M.A.

"Ranger Airborne Sir Bite MY ASS "

Sonethings only another person for the Armed Forces and understand :)

LOL! Now the ARMY chimes in...hehehe.

Well..us army boys are always the ones who have to go bail out the marines...

DK

Hmm....What happened in Korea??? Don't get me started :wink: :P

I know whatcha mean Hollywood. Obviously this poor "mudmuffin" is sadly deficient in Pacific war history too. Methinks he just wants to raz us to get our ticker wound up. So maybe I'll just humor him...at least till his next post... :lol:

Naw..see..I'm what they call an airborne qualified mudhumper..I jumped outta perfectly good airplanes..(43 of em in fact..2 combat of the two combat one was HALO)...its us airborne qualified types that haveta go bail out da marines..after all..wherever the marines go..they blow things up all around em..I think they believe the pins are supposed to be out of the grenades for storage..

91 D 20's rule

DK

Guest Ranger332

NEver did find that perfectly good airplane in 19 years of service.and as far as getting you started lets talk about the Mayaguez Incident were the bording parties attacked from the bow and the stern and ended up shooting each other,I graduated from Marine Amphip Warfare School back in the late &)S so i know the deal!

And fact most of the amphip assaults were made by ARMY units somuch so the the AMRY had Special Amphi Warfare units

well when push comes to shove i have to backup my jarheads and say "First in, last out."

Aircraft Carrier + Force Recon = Americas 911

Being Ex-Army I can only add that Helicopters don’t really fly,

They are just so damn ugly that the earth repels them into the sky!

-Vercingetroix

Guest Ranger332

the one i heard is they dont fly they just beat the air in to supmission

Littlecreek 78, trained with the Rangers in amphib warfare. They got a dry landing while we hit the sandbar (squid coxswain delibertly throttled back), first guy out went in over his head. Snow on the ground so we were all singing sorprano. A real COLDWAR warrior.

Swam with the ice flows a couple more times for coldweather qualification in the CG. Yep it was cold and I was qualified to be able to tell the difference.

Well..us army boys are always the ones who have to go bail out the marines...

DK

Hmm....What happened in Korea??? Don't get me started :wink: :P

OK I can not help myself here what happened? "Harry S Truman"

-Vercingetorix

C140 on the taxi-wayyyy Airborne Rangers Gonna Jump today!

heeheehee ok now to throw gas on the fire!

Y’all do know where the marines got there name?

Why that’s the sound a bullet makes as it hits a helmet!...MAAAARRRIINNNE! :P

Mud muffin indeed! :twisted:

-Vercingetroix!

Guest Ranger332

oh your so bad lol

Guest Ranger332

lol 78 was the year i was there in shields hall and not all the Rangers got a dry landing my LT. ran off the ramp and dissappered we found out later with all the gear we had on he just walked on the bottem till his head was above water. the rest of us were chest and neck deep near bunker #4 next to the tanglefoot wire

LOL! I was always told that "Maaarrrrriiiiiinnnne! was the sound of Sh-- hitting the fan...

Well here's one for ya wiseguy...

A marine and a Soldier walk into the can at the same time to take a leak.

The soldier gets done and walks over to the sink to washup.

The Gyrene gets done and heads for the door.

The "Mudmuffin" gets indignant and pipes up with, "Hey Mac!, where ya goin? They taught us Army men in bootcamp ta wash our hands after we pee."

The grunt stops in his tracks, turns around, and with a cold, calculating stare, tells the benighted G.I...."Well I'm glad ya learned somethin meatball. However They taught us in bootcamp not to pee on our hands in the first place!"

hehehehe....

Well Ranger I guess I was fed some interservice propoganda. It appears the squids hate us equally. :D

In my last job I had to wash my hands before I went to the bathroom.

LOL! oh boy here we go! :)

as for handwashing, I work for the state of South Carolina as a computer Engineer now, I need a shower after these meetings, due to the fact that everyone piss's on everyone else! ah state workers you gotta love em!

-Vercingetroix

Exactly right verc, that's what I was. Worked for the Dept. of Corr. in RI as a State Marshal. Of course I was ultra-hygenic for another reason. But the pissing contests abounded between those on the outside of the bars.

Guest Ranger332

lol ok

three buses of Marines were on the road they spot one lone Ranger walking beside the road,Gunnie yells get me that Ranger Tab. The first load from the first bus takes off afer the single Ranger. There can be heard yelling screaming limbs flying. Then quite. Gunnie thinks and rembering no Marine is left behind sends the second bus load,they run over the hill ,and again screaming yalling trees shatter. Birds fall from the skies and silance. Gunnie rubbs his chine and sends the last bus load The Mighty Force Recon They assault the hillside and again noise unknown to man assaults the gunnies ears,and again quite. Slowly a single Marine staggers back down the hill,and report "Gunnie it was an ambush there were Two of them". 8)

Not to be outdone by the military and the Marine Corps (I think that is a branch of the military?! :roll: ) heehee the civilian flight services such as DELTA, (Don't Even Leave The Airport) and others have instituted a defense against terrorism!

http://strategypage.com/humor/downloads/PILOTGUNS.mpeg

-Vercingetorix

(Boy I forgot how much fun it was to irritate Marines! :) just kidding'