Sign in to follow this  
Choco

WOE WeaponData INI, WOE WeaponData INI

My game doesn't really have one,where do I put it?
what game? put what?

Wings Over Europe

Didn't come with one so where would I put it?

I already have the file.

It doesn't go anywhere once you extract it it stays in the objects folder you can make changes as you like but it does not go back

I'm a teapot, I'm a teapot.

Flight attendant....eccles

"One lump or two sir?"

Well, that's not exacty true....

If you're adding weapons, even only one, you'll need to create a new sub-folder in your main /Objects folder called (oddly enough) /Weapons.

Then, the extracted weaponsdata ini, the new weapons (lods, inis bmps) go in there. After running the latest Weapons Editor, a new weaponsdata.dat is created, and THAT also stays in the /Weapons folder

If you're NOT adding any new weapons, there is NO real need to extract the weaponsdata.ini. The Game Engine ™ will find it easiy enough, safely enscoused in the Objects.cat

The Knowledge Base (that Forum, 2nd down from the top in the "Wings Over Isreal/Wing Over Europe/Wings Over Vietnam/Strike Fighter" Main listing) has a bunch of answers and procedures you might find helpful

Wrench

kevin stein

Well, that's not exacty true....

If you're adding weapons, even only one, you'll need to create a new sub-folder in your main /Objects folder called (oddly enough) /Weapons.

Then, the extracted weaponsdata ini, the new weapons (lods, inis bmps) go in there. After running the latest Weapons Editor, a new weaponsdata.dat is created, and THAT also stays in the /Weapons folder

If you're NOT adding any new weapons, there is NO real need to extract the weaponsdata.ini. The Game Engine ™ will find it easiy enough, safely enscoused in the Objects.cat

The Knowledge Base (that Forum, 2nd down from the top in the "Wings Over Isreal/Wing Over Europe/Wings Over Vietnam/Strike Fighter" Main listing) has a bunch of answers and procedures you might find helpful

Wrench

kevin stein

The objeccts.cat did not exctract or whatever.

Do you have skypats' cat extractor? Are you using it properly???

Have you seen this little tid-bit?

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=32706

might be the answer you need.

let us know

Wrench

kevin stein

What?

What I wan't to do is to be able to download weapons,add them,make some of my own weapons,modify existing ones.

Edited by Choco