Sign in to follow this  
Guest ansons2

Germany Terrain for SFP1 WIP

Guest ansons2

:yes: Hello everyone,

Having seen all the tremendous work done by CA_Stary, Brain32 and many others on the Germany terrain for WOE, as

I have only SFP1 I have decided to build my own version. I am trying to have a terrain suitable for recreating Operation Market Garden, the battle of the bulge and the last days of the 3rd Reich. Thus I have particulary worked on Netherland

with Arnhem and Nijmegen. As I do not like the WOE stock water color I have changed it to a more greenish color.

Here are some screenshots... More can be seen at my website.

ansons2

Germany_1.jpg

Germany_10.jpg

Germany_11.jpg

Germany_12.jpg

Germany_13.jpg

Germany_3.jpg

Germany_4.jpg

Germany_7.jpg

Germany_5.jpg

My Website :Visit My Website

Edited by ansons2

The pics aren't coming through for me...just go red Xs. I wanna see!!! I wanna see!!! :biggrin:

btw, the WW2 EAW Euro map by Edward covers that area

Wrench

kevin stein

I go away for 2 minutes, and pics are fixed. Exxxcccceeelllnttt!

Wow, that DO look good! Love the valleys with the trees!

What time frame are you shooting for, WW2 or Cold War??

btw: here's the ww2 eaw euro link:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6930

originally designed for SF, it needs trees :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

Looks good enough !! Nice to see a bit more of the Netherlands, though of course it's pretty flat....

Only in the very south there is a 1000 ft hill. Around Arnhem and Nijmegen it goes up to about 300ft

If I can be of any help concerning this area, just say so ....

Aju,

Derk :smile:

Guest ansons2
I go away for 2 minutes, and pics are fixed. Exxxcccceeelllnttt!

Wow, that DO look good! Love the valleys with the trees!

What time frame are you shooting for, WW2 or Cold War??

btw: here's the ww2 eaw euro link:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6930

originally designed for SF, it needs trees :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

Hi Wrench,

To answer your question about the time frame. As the runways in the SFP1 airfields are looking "modern" I think it will be

more suitable for a modern/cold war rather that WW2. Anyway It could be used for WW2. What I think interesting is to recreate the main WW2 battles but in a modernized context with jets, SAM etc...

I do have the ww2 EAW terrain, but it lacks trees as you said and it seems for me a bit too flat.

For now, I am adding roads and forests to increase the diversity in the landscape. after that I will add more targets (I would like to add tanks and trucks columns on the roads). I hope a release for the end of the month or early february.

ansons2

Edited by ansons2

Cool I can't wait for this map...

Go for it baby!!! You know I'll grab it!!

Targeting, as least runway wise, is pretty easy. You should have at least one of the runway 1 or runway 6 on the map for bombers to use. Runway 3 (the dirt strip) make a good fighter drome. Swapping them out is just a simple copy/paste exercise (and belive me, I know this one well from all the other WW2 map upgrades I've done) Repaving (ie: painting the various bmps and tgas) the runways is just as easy.

Gepard has a 'muddy' runway in the BoB terrain ... what I haven't looked at is, is it a tile or a 'repaved' runway. Dressing up the 'modern' airfields to make them more fit the time frame is also just a matter of CA_Stary's ww2 building repaints, or some of the stuff you can find in Polack's Object Library (many of which can be found in my WW2 map rebuilds)

For a modern (ie: say 1955 or later), stock stuff will definatley do the trick. I'd look around in the Object Mods section for all those neat buildings some of the guys have been doing = TAC Ops center, new towers, hangars, factories, etc.

Wrench

kevin stein