Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Ricardo Montalban dies at 88

Was also good in one of the "Spy Kids" movies as the Grandfather.

One of his first roles here in the US was as an American solider in "Battleground" with Van Johnson and James Whittemore. (story of the 101st at Bastogne) He plays a guy from Los Angeles that's never seen snow before; he gets wounded, and hides under a wreck. When the rest of the squad goes back for him, he's froze to death.

As Khan, TRUELY brought a sense of class to the Star Trek Villan. Was always rated as the #1 Bad Guy from all the series and movies.

And I always wonder who exactly he was working for on Fantasy Island....lots of hints/theories, but never anything concrete.

Wrench

kevin stein

I liked him as Kahn in the star trek movie RIP

And who can forget the Chrysler Cordoba with its rich Corinthian leather, please tell me you guys remember that commercial,

one of the best character actors. He will be missed

As you see from my sig, I know him fondly. His last role was that cow on Family Guy. He was hilarious. Also was in the first Naked Gun, very funny there, too.

I only recently found out he spent the last 15 years of his life in a wheelchair due to complications from spinal surgery in the early 90s for an injury he received on a film decades ago. Nick Meyer commented that he had a limp that he covered up on film, but he asked him to let it show for the scenes after Khan was wounded at the end of the film.

Guest pfunkmusik

Class guy with a sense of humor. Impeccably dressed everywhere he went.

pfunk

And who can forget the Chrysler Cordoba with its rich Corinthian leather, please tell me you guys remember that commercial,

I remember. :wink: RIP Ricardo.

Ricardo Montalban was the indian chief in the movie How the West Was Won. I believe he won an award for that role. Patrick McGoohan from the Prisoner gone too! I just stoped wearing my badge 2 years ago. This is as bad or worse then when we lost Ceaser Romero or Jack Lord. Balls! It's always more then one.

:sorry: CL

Edited by charlielima

While I am sure I saw him as Khan first in the original Star Trek TV episode, I remember him best for Fantasy Island.

He was the circus owner in the 3rd and 4th Planet of the Apes movies that hid Caesar (Roddy McDowell), raised him, and died to protect him. As a huge fan of this series and Caesar, Ricardo's character was pivotal.

He also was the voice of the Villain in an episode of Buzz Lightyear on the Disney Channel, didn't need to see the credits, simply knew it the moment he spoke.

Edited by streakeagle

Don't insult my intelligence, Kirk!. I watch Star Trek 2 every now and then, One of my favorites besides the third one. RIP.