Deathtrap...

But nice work Ed.

need some Fm help here for the turret..how to plot how it moves and restrictions

Edited by Veltro2k

The most useless plane ever created, but I've always wanted one for a WW2 sim. Basically the only time overshooting is good is flying one of these.

You are very quickly becoming one of the modeling gods.

The most useless plane ever created, but I've always wanted one for a WW2 sim. Basically the only time overshooting is good is flying one of these.

You are very quickly becoming one of the modeling gods.

Nah, the Defiant's naval counterpart is definatly more useless, but I agree in wanting one, and it should be interesting flying one in the BOB campaign.

And Velto is a modding god now.

IIRC it's naval counterpart had forward guns too and was more for an A/G role.

Does anyone know how the game will handle a fighter only armed with a turret?I wonder if they will try to intecept things?excellent work It will look really nice in the BOB campaign.

IIRC it's naval counterpart had forward guns too and was more for an A/G role.

I don't think the RN were that keen on the turret bit either but the Air Ministry insisted it was the next big thing!

Does anyone know how the game will handle a fighter only armed with a turret?I wonder if they will try to intecept things?excellent work It will look really nice in the BOB campaign.

Good question.................Anyone have an answer please let me know, and need some FM help here, with the turret

thanx again

Ed

Well, they COULD rotate and fire forward, since the turret/barrel width was greater than the canopy's....but the real ones didn't have an inturrupter mechanism.....very hard the prop....

....hhmmmm...

what about using the regular bomber turret pitch/yaw etc, and maybe it'll ignore the prop??

Isn't there a way to limit the firing arcs; meaning trying to crowd the front 45 degrees to try and allow small off-nose angles...

I was never very good at figuring that out...

Wrench

kevin stein

I'm just talking out my butt here but if there are issues with the turret armed fighter actualy intercepting maybe a work around would be to add a gun to the nose with no effects,sound or damage.at least that way the computer will recognize it as armed and go fight.

all i can think of, is mapping certain positions to keys, and set as primary guns :unsure:

Two things. The Defiant might have been crap as designed, but she proved to be useful as a night fighter later on.

Also, although the FAA Blackburn Roc proved to be a waste of time (with similar Defiant turret), her 'sister' plane, the Skua was decent enough to dive bomb and sink the German light cruiser Koenigsburg in 1940. Not too shabby.

Hinch is right, the Skua whilst being a much-maligned aircraft was actually well liked by it's crews.

hahaha - just gotta laugh at that turret though - jeez!

I remember reading in a book about the Battle of Britain a short part about flying the Defiant on daylight ops, the pilots quote was "most unfunny".

I'll always root for the underdog though, the guys certainly were brave who took these up at that time.

I do believe the Defiant made an awfully nice target-tug eventually.

At the begining the Germans though it was another version of the Hurricane and tried to sneek on its six ,thus were greeted by the bite of four 7.7 mm brownings

did anyone come up with an Idea on how to make the defiants turret not only defensive in the game ?