Sign in to follow this  
Seawolf

What's Up With The Brits??

Sorry, but I had to say something based on the reports I am hearing from across the pond. I am pretty ticked off at the Brits right now for the way they have treated our President this past week. When Tony Blair comes to DC do we flood the streets and yell obscenities at him? No. We show him the utmost respect because he represents the British people. When Bush visits England he is cursed at, badgered,etc and shown nothing but disrespect. Some of the British citizens interviewed said they dont hate Americans in general, just our leader. Hmm, last I checked Bush was elected and is still supported by the majority of Americans and he represents the American People when he visits other countries like Britain. If you hate Bush then essentially you hate the rest of us Americans because we put him in that position and we support what he is doing as President. There is no comp out by seperating the two.

The British are ticked off because they see Bush as the person who sent thier soldiers to die in Iraq, but what they fail to realize is the British and Americans are allies and back each other up in these situations. If something was to happen to Britain the Americans would be the first ones there. Im sick of this total disrespect for the United States and anti-american attitude in the UK.

BTW- Saddam didnt have missles with the range to attack the US, but he did have the range to hit England. Instead of having this attitude of "If we leave them alone (terrorism) they will go away" we have the attitude like in WWII where we said "Lets root out the problem so it doesnt threaten us again."

Sorry for my rant guys and I know its a bit political, but damnit I am pissed after seeing how my President (my representative) was treated by OUR allies this week. It really makes me angry that we try to do so much to make everyone happy but still get tomato thrown in our face. :(

Edited by Seawolf

Eh, the Brits like to bitch. Personaly I'm a little more unhappy with those jackasses rioting in Florida. They complain about police brutality. Guess what pal when you throw rocks at a SWAT Team, you're gonna get tear gassed and beaten with a night-stick. Use some common sense.

Which part of my Home State is that?

Ah the Brits, I still love them, they just feel a little pissed about being mislead (evidence of terrorism), dont want this discussion to lead to Pro vs Anti Bush, but we havent seen the evidence that we were promised, and the Brits are pissed about that... Bush pulled Blair into war... not the other way around, thats why they protest (Bush) and we dont (Blair).

For F*cks sake, Americans protest Bush in this country, it's there right to do so in others.

All things that have happened up to now, are moot, all that matters is setting up a stable Iraq and getting the hell out.

Every president has people against him and has people behind him.

Even JFK was not by everybody populair. Do you think that our president and queen are populair by everybody in mine country? No way!! No one can be populair by every-one.

Don't see this as a attack against somebody, but only as a fact or meaning from one person.

Salute

Dutchy

(lives in a free country with topless ladies on the beaches)

Yeah I saw that too Todd. Problem with those idiots in south florida is they have no clue what they are protesting, they just protest to do it like its some weekend club or something.

Just like the idiots that protest for peace and end up setting cars a blaze and tearing up a city street. huh? Yeah that makes sense. Or like Greenpeace protesting oil wells while cruising around in thier diesel boats burning hundreds of gallons of diesel.

These people are stupid to the core!!!!

Yeah Seawolf that's what my mom said. She remembers when she saw the student union at KU burned down and professers defending their buildings with shotguns. It makes her (and me too) angry to see people protesting just to be controversial <_<

Hey Seawolf,

I agree with your sentiments about the rioting idiots in Florida.

Just another reason for the EXISTENCE of BIRTH CONTROL!!!

As for the Brits? Yeah, well, like Bush said, thank God for their right to free speech. I wonder if any of them gave a thought to what would have happened to them for such a demonstration in Iraq when "Yosemite Saddam" was in power?

Bozos, all of them.

Go Navy.

Navychief

thanks for the backup guys. It's not that I hate the British or anything, actually the opposite, but I get this way when I see these flag burner types hit the streets.

Flag Burners?

Oh, it's best that we don't open up that topic.

Grrrrrr......

Navy Chief

Hey guys, the best thing to say to any Euro, especialy the Fr**s, is Sprechen ze deutch? when they say no tell them you are welcome. Dont the brits remember a chap named Champerlin who sold almost all of europe down the river? Like Seawolf I like the Brits, when I was in the Med that's all I dated in Spain. Whats funny is while our long time "allies" B***h and moan the former Warsaw Pact countries are beating our door down. I say we close everything down in those countries whose citizens dont need us any more and move east. Just think how they would be hurting without our greenbacks in their economy. :angry:

Firehawkordy, I come from the Netherlands. We learn here more languages than every other country in the world. And in fact, I speak the German language. Am I wrong now in your eyes? Remember that here on this site and forum many European people are.

Where do you come from? Further I have no hard feelings to anybody (except terrorists and dictators)

Salute

Dutchy

Hi guys,

Last time I looked there were getting on for 60 million people in the UK & there were 100,000 at the demonstration - not exactly a large %. Of those 100,000 not all were British (I suspect that quite a large % weren't), just for example there were some U.S. citizens demonstrating too.

& Bush has something like a 46% disapproval rating at home anyway ;)

Anyway, we may bitch & moan a little (don't all friends?) but we are always there when needed.

Would you really rather have friends who you bought rather than because of common ethics/goals etc.?

Dutchy, dont take it personally. I think he just feels a little unappreciated like the rest of us. I know its like anywhere else where one group does not represent the whole country, but it would be nice if that one negative group didnt seem to get all the press. Its always the haters you see on tv and not the quiet supporters. Of course the interviews that I saw came from the BBC so that says right there they are biased and from a liberal angle.lol

Dutchy,

I am an American of Welsh/German/Italian/Spanish descent. What I ment was that Germany overran most of Europe and could very well have succeeded if not for the U.S. and others. I bear you no ill will and save that remark for those arrogant enough to forget their history. it was not my intention to insult those on this forum as we all seem to be reading from the same page and book.

I worked for a man here in Calif. that was in the Dutch underground at age 15, I dont wish what he and his country had to endure on anyone. I now work in a teaching hospital where the are students from all over the world here so it's not that I'm an isolated buffoon.

I am sorry for any offense taken or percievied, but I am very proud of my country and will defend it any way I can,sometimes without thinking first.

Oh yeah, I forgot, my son and my former stepson are both talking to the recruiters. As my family has a long tradition for military service,somtimes on both sides at the same time I think, I am worried about what my kids will face. And being protested is not a great morale builder.

I also am in contact with my buds who are still in, some out in Iraq and that gives me more grey hair.

I hate to say this but I would trade everything I own to be there with my friends,not for any macho or bull "s" reason, but because they are my friends.

I second what BUFF said. Not exactly a small minority, but definately NOT a majority. I dont agree with the protest but I am happy that this country still has the possability to protest.

Also one of the few things that really shocked me during this whole thing was that in one of the news reports of the demonstration there was an 80 year old American war veteran marching in the protest. When asked if he was worried that we would be called un-patriotic, he commented "I dare anyone to call me un-patriotic when Mr Bush deliberately avoided vietnam".

Cheers

At least Bush did something.

Screw it!

Al Sharpton for President, that ought to make the bleeding hearts happy. <_<

Edited by Seawolf

hey at least the Brits helped and are still helping in Iraq our stupid Prime Minister wouldnt send any troops what so ever to help our allies......now she sends in engineers to help with rebuilding but still didnt even send in medics initially to help like we did in the first Gulf War :angry:

hey at least the Brits helped and are still helping in Iraq our stupid Prime Minister wouldnt send any troops what so ever to help our allies......now she sends in engineers to help with rebuilding but still didnt even send in medics initially to help like we did in the first Gulf War  :angry:

true

Firehawkordy, I understand your opion now. Thanks.

Salute

Dutchy

Being an American I have to say that the British people do have a right to voice their opinion of Bush. If the US was dragged into a conflict that many didn't agree with or want in our nation because of pressure from the UK. You can bet there would be protest if the UK Prime Minister came. Since it's the anniversary of the JFK assassination I will borrow one of his quotes. "We shall not always expect to find them supporting our view, but we shall always hope to find them strongly supporting their own freedom"

Many in the UK and through out the world don't agree with us. That is ok. As Americans we didn't fight to free them from the oppression of the Nazi's so that we can tell them what to do. We fought for their freedom so that they and they alone, can decide what path their people should take. It's natural as an American to feel a bit angry and betrayed. However, thinking that the Europeans owe us something for doing what is right only pollutes the great and noble cause people like my Grandfather fought so hard for. We did what we did not because of the personal gain but because it was right.

The protest were not a large percentage of Britons. Most in the UK and the world don't really disagree with what we are doing. They disagree with the way it was done. Bush did give the world the big finger and he even said that he couldn't care less what the world thought. That's what the are upset about. I've been to Europe recently and I did have a few incidents where people would call me names but it was done in more jest than anything. In France a guy called me an American pig, I called him a cowardly Frog and we laughed and had a drink together. In the end it will even out. :)

Dutchy,

So ist das Leben! Es ist fur eine gute Sache.

I can speak a little and read less. Just enough to embarrass myself.

Cheers ;)

Guest Schizo

There is so much more to this whole thing than you guys are aware of... If you researched a few ties that certain people have with certain organizations and companies it would make your blood boil. People are dying, losing limbs and having their entire lives altered just so certain individuals make millions. I guess living in DC does have its advantages- you get a little more info as to what's really going on and why.

The Carlyle Group

Bechtel, Halliburton and The Kellog group

Even Condoleeza Rice used to be on Chevron's Board

- look it up for yourselves.

Guest Schizo

In Samara, about 75 miles north of Baghdad, Iraqi police said six U.S. Apache helicopter gunships blasted marshland after four rocket-propelled grenades were fired at the American military garrison at the city's northern end. One Iraqi passer-by was killed in the air attack, police said.

In Kirkuk, 150 miles north of Baghdad, a bomb exploded at an oil compound, injuring three American civilian contractors from the U.S. firm Kellogg Brown & Root. The three suffered facial cuts from flying glass, U.S. Lt. Col. Matt Croke said.

KBR, a subsidiary of Halliburton, also has a significant presence at Baghdad's Palestine Hotel, which was rocketed by insurgents Friday, wounding one civilian.

"We all know that Americans are being threatened," Croke said.

Washington Times

I'll get off the political stuff I just wanted to prove a point.

Schizo

Sorry, but I had to say something based on the reports I am hearing from across the pond. I am pretty ticked off at the Brits right now for the way they have treated our President this past week. When Tony Blair comes to DC do we flood the streets and yell obscenities at him? No. We show him the utmost respect because he represents the British people. When Bush visits England he is cursed at, badgered,etc and shown nothing but disrespect. Some of the British citizens interviewed said they dont hate Americans in general, just our leader. Hmm, last I checked Bush was elected and is still supported by the majority of Americans and he represents the American People when he visits other countries like Britain. If you hate Bush then essentially you hate the rest of us Americans because we put him in that position and we support what he is doing as President. There is no comp out by seperating the two.

The British are ticked off because they see Bush as the person who sent thier soldiers to die in Iraq, but what they fail to realize is the British and Americans are allies and back each other up in these situations. If something was to happen to Britain the Americans would be the first ones there. Im sick of this total disrespect for the United States and anti-american attitude in the UK.

BTW- Saddam didnt have missles with the range to attack the US, but he did have the range to hit England. Instead of having this attitude of "If we leave them alone (terrorism) they will go away" we have the attitude like in WWII where we said "Lets root out the problem so it doesnt threaten us again."

Sorry for my rant guys and I know its a bit political, but damnit I am pissed after seeing how my President (my representative) was treated by OUR allies this week. It really makes me angry that we try to do so much to make everyone happy but still get tomato thrown in our face. :(

lol at the original post. Saddam has missiles with the range to hit us, eh? Were these the ones they found alongside the fissionable material from niger?

As for the attitude that 'if we leave terrorism alone it will go away', Britain's involvement in Iraq has clearly made us more susceptible to terrorism, as the recent attack in Turkey showed. The rest of your post is so flawed Im not even going to bother.

As for 'sprechen Sie Deutsch?'... lol. Guess who's speaking English right now? Thats right. You. Because of us.