Sign in to follow this  
Badair

Looking for old Janes games

Been lookin for the old Janes flight sims and it seems they're not available anywhere. Anyone know where I can DL em (free or not) ?

THey aren't available anywhere for download that I know of You'll have to locate a used copy somewhere. I might suggest e-bay, amazon, or check out some of the computer gaming stores and see what they might have on consignment in thier used game bins. Another option is to locate a person who has what you are looking for and have him burn you a copy. I know burning copies isn't considered "right", but I figure when a game goes out of print all best are off. If a company has a problem with that, they they shouldn't have allowed them to go out of print should they?

exactly, kinda falls into the catagory, "abandonware",,,

psssst,,you lookin for janes games, huh?

I see Janes F/A18 has had a major upgrade/rewrite and has a growing poplarity in multiplay. Perhaps it's time I reinstall that sim and see what all the hub bub is about. Anyone know anything about USAF? Last I heard it was rumored to be playable again under XP Service Pack 3. But I haven't run across anyone who can verify that for sure. World War 2 Fighters is burnable. USAF is burnable using the right program. Not sure about FA18, haven't tried doing that yet.

ive got US Navy Fighters, and the Marine Fighters add-on, Fighters Anthology, IAF, USAF, WW2 Fighters, and Longbow 1 and 2 laying around. i think i had lost F-15, and never actually got around to getting F/A-18.

one day im going to buy a cheap old pc on craigslist that i can use to run those games. i might even stick my old voodoo2 into it, since i still have the damn thing, and it works 100% fine, it refuses to die.

ive only gotten WW2 Fighters and USAF to work in WinXP, but USAF was iffy at best, with its ability to run properly under XP. i have the SuperPro on a disk somewhere too for it. ive never had a chance to use it tho.

Edited by rovert97

Folks,

Listen up.

Because a game goes out of print does not mean the company gives up legal ownership of the software. Abandonware is a murky definition at best.

It doesn't matter what's right, or what makes sense...it's what will stand up in court. We at CA cannot risk the threat of any sort of legal action against us by the license holder...'abandonware' or not.

And don't bother arguing the point with us, for any potential lawyers out there...you want to fight it, you take it to a courtroom.

No further discussion of the illegal propagation of software will be tolerated. This thread is closed.

FC