Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Your Favorite Third Wire Sim and Why?

While I have a preference for WoV and WoI due to their historical nature, I have recently learned that my favorite game in the series is whichever one is the latest release with the best feature set.

For instance, SF2 is the most fanciful of all with make-believe maps/countries/history, yet upon buying/installing/playing it, I found that it is so noticably better than even the latest released game, WoI, that I am pretty much only playing this version. Of course, this comes to a large extent from the fact that I am an F-4 fanatic and find the updated versions of the F-4s so much better than the original releases, but even the campaigns just seem to be more fun and challenging than ever.

Now, when all the games have been re-released and have identical feature sets, I suspect my favorite will fall back to either WoV or WoI, but until then SF2 has my focus.

My sole interest in flying the earlier releases is to play online, and right now I don't have any time for that.

My favorite TW Sim and my only current install is WOE, since I like the cold war scenario of a NATO vs WP conflict and allows me to fly the full set of missions the TW series have to offer (I like WOV alot, but I dislike the fact that you can't fly intercept and anti-ship missions there). It also features Phantom FGR.2, my current favorite version of the F-4.

I fly coop MP a lot, so I find WOI and FE w/exp pack are the 2 getting the most time right now. Prior to WOI it was WOE/V/NF2 merged, but when one of us went and applied the 10/08 patch to their install and fubar'd it that got put aside. Waiting for NF3 now to resume that arena!

Done a little straight WOV, too.

I'd say I put the most offline time into SFP1 over the years, with FE w/o exp pack coming in 2nd, but SF2 is getting the most time lately.

Well if it's about stock installs then definitely WoI as it's IMO the most complete one, however I mostly play heavily modded WoV(historical value, mods I apply are stricly historically related to Vietnam War!) and WoE(variety value +home continent +testing facility lol)