Sign in to follow this  
charlielima

Mourning, Mourning!

He was the hollywood stuntman that manned the robot in the old Lost in Space TV series.

He lost his San Fernando home last November to a pretty wicked wildfire.

I work in alot of wide open areas and quite frequently expect to see Robot, Will Robinson, and Dr Smith tooling around.

:ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

Speaking of Lost in Space, I've just watched the original pilot for only the second time in my life, as it originally aired on September 8th, 1965. I was only seven years old the last time I saw it!

To the best of my knowledge, the pilot episode has never aired since then. It's notable because two characters are missing from it, the Robot, and Dr. Smith. You can see it in 480P resolution, on Hulu.com

Link to Video

:blink:

US only

Go to Youtube, and type Hulu outside of USA

...as it originally aired on September 8th, 1965. I was only seven years old the last time I saw it!

Damn dude... that's a looooong time ago!!! :yes: :biggrin:

I have to admit though, I saw the title and immediately thought it had something to do with Alonzo Mourning... oops! :biggrin:

Damn dude... that's a looooong time ago!!! :yes: :biggrin:

Yes, I truly pity you kids who've never had (nor will have) the opportunities and experiences that I've had :haha:

Seriously, my memory actually scares me, sometimes. I recall discussing an event with my mom ( a car running over a large dog, right in front of our home ), in detail. She was shocked, and told me that I could not have been more than three years old when that event took place.

yeah, I can remember john-john saluting as his dads casket went by, I was 3,

do you remember captain america, and the one show with the marionettes?

Edited by gwar

... and the one show with the marionettes?

Howdy Doody? :biggrin: Heh... doody. :tongue:

yeah, I can remember john-john saluting as his dads casket went by, I was 3,

do you remember captain america, and the one show with the marionettes?

Yes, as I also remember Planet Patrol and The Big World of Little Adam..... I also remember coming home from Kindergarten one sunny November afternoon, and wondering why they weren't showing cartoons on the local station in their usual afternoon time slot. I asked my Mom, who told me that was because President Kennedy had been assasinated...