Sign in to follow this  
DerFinne

"Cambrai Plane Fest II 1915 - 1918" won´t start

hi at all,

this is my first post here, and my english its not really good, I´m sorry for that :dntknw:

I downloaded and installed the campaign with all addons. I had some trouble to find some planes:

AlbatrosD3_160

Fe2C

Maybe you guys can tell me, where I find this planes. I follow the instructions in the manuall. The only think I didin´t changed, are the sound files.

After all, I put the "wwFC_CPF2" folder, in my Campains folder. Now I start the game, I choose A new campaign, but I see only two campains. Both this Campains start later in the war. I cannot see the "Cambrai Plane Fest II 1915 - 1918" campaigne in the list.

After that I installed another campaing, "Firecage Flyig Circus" and this campaign works fine, without any troubles.

Have someone any idea for my problem

Hi Derfinne,

Welcome to FE/CombatACE.

Not sure why it doesn't work, maybe Firecage can answer?

but re:

"AlbatrosD3_160

Fe2C"

these are copies of the Fe2b and albatros d3 (TKs version). You need to create folders from the Fe2b etc, rename the the folders as above, then install the FMs I did for them. Its in the readme for the FMs - I think firecage based the campaign on my FMs, so you should install these.

Please keep in mind that the campaign and the FMs are for the oct 2007 version (the original Expansion pack). Things have changed.

Hi peter,

thx for your answer. I bougth the game for one week ago. This is the newest version "2008 Nov." from the ThirdWire site. I think the game is the wrong version for the campaign. :cray:

I hope Firecage working for a new version.

Peter do you know a good mission editor for Thirdwire games?

Hi peter,

thx for your answer. I bougth the game for one week ago. This is the newest version "2008 Nov." from the ThirdWire site. I think the game is the wrong version for the campaign. :cray:

I hope Firecage working for a new version.

Peter do you know a good mission editor for Thirdwire games?

I haven't used any mission editors so can't say which is good or not. But as far as I know there are two:

KMD: availalble here http: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=2678

Le Missionneur: not sure where this is, do a google.

There are tutorials on both here at CombatACE in the Utilities/Editors Section here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...&showcat=30

Hope that helps.

1st off

Le Missionneur: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5092

They have them both here at CA.

I use both of them for different things to create missions. KMD is a bit picky and I have CTD at times using it but its a good editor to tweak missions with. I use the Le Missionneur to get the basic framework down fast.

I know the FMs have changed alot from my early campaign fest series. Peter has done such amazing work and continues to put out great FMs. I have a feeling the plane sets may not match up as well as they use to in my Camps. I will try and get a few days to redo a new Fest using all peter01's FM sets as the pref'd FM the camp would be based around.

I think we all agree here that he has made this game better for all of us.

Ok now I did try and play this campagin and its working fine for me here. Now that being said I know I have messed with things off and on so the one I have now may not be the same as what I have here at CA. If you need I can bundle up a zip file for you and send if that is needed.

Also usually its something like a folder or ini nane that got changed or something like that. Also here is a pic of my fil structure so you can see what the main stuff is in the folder.

post-21750-1232899785_thumb.jpg

:blink: BTW sorry im slow answering this RL is a bit deep right now :yes:

Actually, I'd say your English is better than some of the kids in my English class lol

Actually, I'd say your English is better than some of the kids in my English class lol

lol, thak you Anthony

Thanks Firecage for your answer. Well, I´ll check my folder structure tonight. I have in the last weeks a lot of work, and next week, we will fly in our vacation for 30 days. I heve no time for play some of my favorite games.

Firecage can you tell me, wich mission editor you used to create your campaigns? I try both, but I like "Le Missionneur" more then other one. But I have some trouble with this editor.