Sign in to follow this  
Tiwaz

Which Video Card

Well in annticipation of getting Lomac I've decided that I need to upgrade My video card so which one should I get?I've narrowed it down to two but I need some help. The two are the MSI GFX5600-VTD 256MB DDR AGP8X Video Card w/VIVO and the ATI Radeon 9600Pro 128MB DDR AGP8X Video Card w/VO/DVI . It came down to these two because of the money I know that there are better cards out there but this is my budget so that being said which one do you think is better or maybe suggest another of comparable price.

Thanks, Tiwaz

As far as the feedback on all the forums go, you will have the least amount of graphics issues with the ATI card. Not to mention the performance advantages stated by MadJeff on an earlier post. He was a hard and fast Nvidia supporter but has since converted to ATI. Nothing personal, it's just that right now, ATI has the edge, and it's a considerable one. Nvidia is not a bad product, it's just that for the moment ATI is better. Hope this helps.

I have a 5700 fx ultra and I must say I LOVE it!! cost is very close to ATI card and with teh bestbuy rebate I got 1 heck of a deal..might look into this card also.

I'm running it on a 9800Pro 128mb, Catalyst 3.9s @ 1024x768x32...Full details 4xFSAA, 4xAF...very smooth and very nice to look at.

I have to give a nod to the 9600 for you.

I got the ATI 128 Radeon 9700pro 3.9 catalist, on my HP Pavilion563 2.6 AMD Athlon, with 512 DDR, 80 Gig HD, 5.1 Sorround... I love this game.. No complaints in this part of town... :D

No. No. No. Asus FX 5900 Ultra. Average 55+ FPS with all high except water and shadows. As high as 90FPS and no lower than 30. That's with a 3.0 Ghz 533 bus Mobo. Heat blur be cool.

Edited by Centro

Oh yeah well I got a FX 5950 ultra 256 and I still get low fps in LOMAC!!!

The TrashMan is getting cranky!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

"Oh yeah well I got a FX 5950 ultra 256 and I still get low fps in LOMAC!!!

The TrashMan is getting cranky!!!"

Well. No two systems perform exactly alike. What's your CPU speed?

Well thats the thing I've been putting off getting a XP3000 for some odd reason. I'm running a Xp2400 on a MSI KT400ultra mobo with 1024mb 2700 memory. I guess its time to get the XP3000.

No. No. No. Asus FX 5900 Ultra. Average 55+ FPS with all high except water and shadows. As high as 90FPS and no lower than 30. That's with a 3.0 Ghz 533 bus Mobo. Heat blur be cool.

that @ 800x600?