Sign in to follow this  
zagnut

F4:AF Ranks and medals

Greets from The 'Stan'. Weather is bad here, so missions are at an all-time low; which gives me time to get up to date with Falcon 4. I've pretty much done well in the Korea campaign, but how do you get Medals and promotions? Is there some point system I can see or something to look at to see if there is a new rank coming? Is it cumulative or does it depend on individual missions?

Thanks

Greets from The 'Stan'. Weather is bad here, so missions are at an all-time low; which gives me time to get up to date with Falcon 4. I've pretty much done well in the Korea campaign, but how do you get Medals and promotions? Is there some point system I can see or something to look at to see if there is a new rank coming? Is it cumulative or does it depend on individual missions?

Thanks

In a nutshell, successfully complete missions and/or kill as many bandits as possible. To find out about your next rank, click here > http://www.vlie.com/falconlog/default.aspx?id=35

Preach

Yep There are promotions to next Rank and some Medals but It's very, very difficult to reach one of It. MY pilot was made in 2003 and now I have rank Lt. Colonel. But no Medal. In history I was decorated by some medals as like as Air Medal, Silver Star. But It's too difficult to reach one of them.

There was one program called f4logreader which was made for old Falcon 4.0 and there was shown system about ranks and medals but It doesn't work with Alied Force.

Yep There are promotions to next Rank and some Medals but It's very, very difficult to reach one of It. MY pilot was made in 2003 and now I have rank Lt. Colonel. But no Medal. In history I was decorated by some medals as like as Air Medal, Silver Star. But It's too difficult to reach one of them.

There was one program called f4logreader which was made for old Falcon 4.0 and there was shown system about ranks and medals but It doesn't work with Alied Force.

Getting the air medal is quite easy.

You just have to catch a enemy infantry unit in a campaign, take some clusters (mk-20) and anihilate them, you should get 20 to 40 kills....and at the end of the mission, youll shurely get a air medal ;)

Getting the air medal is quite easy.

You just have to catch a enemy infantry unit in a campaign, take some clusters (mk-20) and anihilate them, you should get 20 to 40 kills....and at the end of the mission, youll shurely get a air medal ;)

lol, Ive tried this and its not as easy as you would think. The bombing of the targets isn't hard, its finding them. The only infantry units i can spot while doing a BAI or Interdiction are friendlies. But I've started to bomb a little smarter to try to help out with AG kills. I figure if i can get at least two targets per bomb, Im doing good. Find groups and blow them up.

Thanks

If you have done well in Korea you should have a promotion. It took me a long time to get my first promotion. To let you know what your looking at my logbook has the following stats:

Flight hours --------- 44.5

Pilot Rating ---------- 4.054

AA kills --------------- 29

AG Kills --------------- 40

Missions Flown ----- 39

If your stats are close to this you should be up for promotion soon.

My first promotion was after 16 missions finished.

Flight hrs: 12.3

AA-Kills : 20

AG-Kills : 43

Static : 8

Ranking : about 4.2

No cheats, 100 % reality. Have never discarded a mission because I've been honest to myself and started a new

campaign with new logbook after shot down and not rescued. MIA or KIA means the campaign is over. But it was

time to learn, to try ( and fail ) and to become better step by step.

As often as an aircraft is available, I create my own mission without wingman. I prefer interdiction and strikes against

important targets like EWR, airfields. Very helpful is to recon the targets about 10 mins before takeoff . By clicking

a ground unit on the map you can gather valuable target informations like location and landmarks around what makes

it easier to find the enemy. Once you know your targets you can choose the relevant weapons. And if there is only

one SAM-guiding radar in the area it makes sense to carry an asymmetric weapons load. Only one HARM and the

other wing station can be used for whatever you need.

Sometimes the planning takes longer than the mission, but it increases the chance to be succesful significantly !

And do not forget your gun. In an area without SA's or AAA's a truck, fuel tank or a radar can be "easy meat".

Last but not least. In the "heat of the action" it is very useful to mark the target area . Once you have found the

enemy, locked with the ground radar then press the ICP MARK-button (7) and ENTER-button. You'll see a blue

cross in your HSD that makes it easy to find back for the next target approach.

Shortly after my last reply I was MIA, a reason for me to abort campaign and

start a new with new logbook. ( a missed pilot can't fly anymore )

It appears to me that a promotion comes with the number of targets killed.

My current "career" : Operation Powderkeg

( full realism, no discarded mission, no KIA or MIA, no pic with the "judges mallet" )

1. Ltnt after 12 missions, 10.7 flight hrs

AA - 5 AG - 44 ST - 22 ( 71 kills )

Rating: 4.917

Capt. after 24 missions, 24.2 flight hrs

AA - 12 AG - 102 ST - 33 ( 147 kills )

Rating: 4.875

Looks like after each 70 kills you'll see the "shaking hands"

But I'm still waiting for the first medal !!!

It took me 37 flight hours with a flight rating of 4.08 to get my first promotion.

It took me 37 flight hours with a flight rating of 4.08 to get my first promotion.

I got my next promotion to caption a little while ago and now have nearly 90 flight hours. I just received my first medal. The Air medal by completing a mission with 4 AA kills and 12 AG kills. Should have had more AG but i had the bombs in pairs mode. O-well, still got the medal.

IT TAKES A LOT TO GET PASSED CAPTAIN

I GOT CAPTAIN PRETTY QUICKLY AFTER LIKE 9-12 MISSIONS AND GOT THE AIR MEDAL AFTER UP TO 5 TIMES WITH A WHITE FEATHER ON IT NOW, I ALSO HAVE EARNED THE DISTINGUISHED CROSS MEDAL TWICE, AND THE KOREAN CAMPAIGN MEDAL FOR WINNING LIKE 5 TIMES NOW ((WITH THE SELECTED LOGBOOK))

I HAVE ONLY BEEN MIA ONCE BUT STARTED A NEW CAMPAIGN AND RACKED UP THE STATS I JUST MENTIONED

I WILL POST MY STATS LATER FOR MORE DETAIL

THE LOGBOOK I AM PLAYING ON NOW CONSIST OF THIS:

ALL REALISTIC SETTINGS

COMMISSIONED: 12/17/10

FLIGHT HOURS: 40.6

1. WON 7 CAMPAIGNS WITH 0 LOSS

2. RATING: 4.933

3. KILL RATIO: 55 / 1, JUST 1 MIA

4. A-G KILLS: 350

5. STATIC: 45

6. NAVAL: 26

7.PLENTY METALS SO FAR: 2 DISTINGUISHED FLYING CROSSES, MULTIPLE KOREAN AND BALKANS CAMPAIGN MEDALS, AND UP TO LIKE 5 OR 6 AIR MEDALS RIGHT NOW

THIS IS MY OLD LOGBOOK AND STILL WAS ONLY RANKED CAPTAIN:

I DIDN'T HAVE THE SETTINGS FOR ALL REALISTIC FOR LIKE 6 MISSIONS BECAUSE I WAS LEARNING THE NEW FEATURES.

COMMISSIONED: 1/7/10

FLIGHT HOURS: 406

1. WON 17 CAMPAIGNS WITH 0 LOSS

2. RATING: 4.277

3. KILL RATIO: 579 / 79

4. A-G KILLS: 2430

5. STATIC: 717

6. NAVAL: 152

7. PLENTY METALS: DISTINGUISHED FLYING CROSS, KOREAN AND BALKANS CAMPAIGN MEDALS MULTIPLE TIMES, AND THE AIR MEDAL OVER 10 TIMES

I BEAT MOST CAMPAIGNS IN LIKE 2 OR 3 DAYS BECAUSE I CONTROL THE GROUND FORCES AND AIR FORCES BUT IM GOING TO TRY GOING THROUGH A CAMPAIGN WITHOUT CONTROLLING GROUND FORCES TO MAKE THE WAR LAST LONGER AND TRY TO GET 100 CONSECUTIVE MISSIONS SO I CAN GET THE LONGEVITY MEDAL

HOPE THIS HELP A LITTLE

There is a scoring system.

AA kill, Ground Kill, failed mission, Get killed, lost wingmen, etc.. and penalizations. There was program called Pilot Log for Old Falcon 4.0. And point limits for promoting to higher ranks.