Sign in to follow this  
Typhoid

SF2 dumb question

Ok, I've looked at the SF2 bit on the Thirdwire site and it looks to me like its just an update to SF1. Doesn't look like any new planes or terrains that are not also in WOV or WOE other than the Desert terrain.

So, is SF2 essentially a SF1 with the latest patch? or is there something that I am missing that would be worthwhile (beyond the community support of TK)?

Would it make a better base for the all-inclusive mods? (Like Desert Storm)

Hey Andy check the sticky at the top....

Hey Typhoid, if you have any affection for the scooter you are going to find SF2 worth the puchase price. I have never been a particular fan of the TW A-4 models, but have been thrilled with the increased detail in all the SF2 A-4 models. If you take a look closely at the exterior of the new models, you will be amazed at the increased fidelity of them. The little airflow directors on the outer portion of the wings are just painted on in the old models, but are actually part of the new A-4 models. The new A-4 cockpits are head and shoulders better than the old SFP1 A-4 models in terms of detail. TK has really out done himself with these new scooters.

My only disappointment is that so far I have not been able to import the SF2 A-4 models into any of the other TW sims. I asked about whether that was possible over at the Thirdwire forums, and TK said the new unicode in SF2 prevented transferring them to the other TW sims. I hope someone more clever than I am will get around that barrier.

I'm on it all the time and just love it but, for the moment, it's out there on its own - especially for campaigners and terrain guru's!

My experience is that it runs smoother on Vista than any of the others did on XP on an identical PC (and quite a modest spec too).

Hey Andy check the sticky at the top....

oops.

a variation of RTFQ.......

delete thread.........

I like it simply due to how great it looks! man! SWEET!! not to mention the little things!