Sign in to follow this  
Gunnar88

Need help from all 3D moders...

Well... im new in this job, so here is what i made, and now im stuck... i have followed the instructions of the tuturial from Mustang...

But when you try to make a plane... there really is much more to it...

Here are the sccrenn shoots what i made in about 3 hours... and im already stuck.. :dntknw::haha:

The problem is, how to make sharp corners, and how to smooth the object without adding too much polygons

I know the model is a bit off from the reference images, but i will fix that...

The plane is J-21 "Jastreb" from Yugoslav air force

post-39681-1233268965_thumb.jpg

and this is how it should look like...

post-39681-1233269079_thumb.jpg

I also started with Mustangs, but had the same problem as you..one reason because the Pivots plays a major factor when shaping vertexies . post pic again with the vertexies showing, also i remember that Mustang said to convert to edible mesh..I found out its better to convert to edible Poly also do not try what i used to do and move vertexies one at at time

You can use turbosmooth but this will add to much polys to the model, or select vertices and than slice tool to add some aditional vertices

Yes convert to editable polys if you want to slice any mwesh for extra shape\vertices...as in editable mesh you get random vertices on a polygon...whereas editable poly ,you only get the vertices on the edges.....ie...if u cut a cube from side....you get 2 vertices per face...one on each edge.....in editable mesh you would get 2 or more on the actual face\poly...

Kind of cool to see people still using the tutorials I created so long ago...

I still get emails from folks asking for help.

Russ is right, you will start projects over and over again until you find out how to model specific parts. Some work I had to start 5 times or more cause had no idea how to set those poly to have a proper shape I liked. So try and error. For the MiG-19S canopy I was fideling 2 days around to find a proper solution.

Kind of cool to see people still using the tutorials I created so long ago...

I still get emails from folks asking for help.

Damn straight Bro..... the Best :worship:

Damn straight Bro..... the Best :worship:

Ditto on that. Mustang's tutorials are how I got started. :notworthy:

I see you are using a late max version I would suggest to turn of those "boxes" in the left upper corner and this strange thing in the selected window down right. As I installed my max version it appeard and after some minutes of modeling those thing gets always in the. So I decided to deactivate them in the settings. It makes the work less stressfull and you have better layout in your program. It`s a suggestion and a personal taste but it helps me, cause you don`t need those tools

Russ is right, you will start projects over and over again until you find out how to model specific parts. Some work I had to start 5 times or more cause had no idea how to set those poly to have a proper shape I liked. So try and error. For the MiG-19S canopy I was fideling 2 days around to find a proper solution.

Tell me about it...some of my projects were started 2 years ago..just recently I acquired the capability to finish them,,,and there is still a lot to learn

Start with a low-resolution base and work from there using add edgeloop/cut polys tool and extruding edges to add detail.

Hey Veltro as you hang out here, can I mod your mig-31 into a proper M version?! and rerelease it?! Just need your ok, still some work to do

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=19900

Hey Veltro as you hang out here, can I mod your mig-31 into a proper M version?! and rerelease it?! Just need your ok, still some work to do

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=19900

AS LONG AS YOU ABIDE BY THE MODDERS AGREEMENT, go 4 IT

Edited by Veltro2k

I know it`s beta maybe I can wait with it until you finish this model, but be sure, I`m also in the agreement list and will credit everyone involved