Although a WIP, and therefore shoud be in the "WIP Thread", I want to add discussions to this, whereas up there, it ain't allowed...

Stratos' post a few days ago about the Mosquito FACs in Korea got me inspired to finally finish off the decals I'd started early last year. Also, fixed the issue with the aircraft NOT taking off in the post-patch world (and other FM stuff)..

So, without further ado...

basic aircraft, please ignore the HVARs ... it was an experiment that didn't quite work..

texan_at6g.jpg

Now, I'd made mention of mapping issues in the rudder mesh. It'll only take a decal (and sometime only partly) on the right side only (ie: mapped single face)

So...original positioning:

texan_decalbroke.jpg

Odd to note, the "US Air Force" is a decal, and it shows, but the serial don't.

So, to fix that, we use a totally inaccurate method (meaning non-regulation)...simply move them forward to be only on the fin..

texan_decalfix.jpg

and that works fine!

Also, we now have tail lights that move with the rudder...

texan_rudder_lights.jpg

What we don't have is the proper 3-rocket rail. Hence, the appeal to a 3-d modeler. These are about the best shots I could find, from Squad/Signal Texan in Action..

texan_at6g_arms.jpg

I'll even be very happy to zip up the entire book-on-pdf, and send it to whomever wishes to attempt this. I think new rockets might also bee needed (to say nothing of trying to figure out how to get the smoke marker effect to work - I can't seem to get that straight, either. Having a bad week, I guess :rolleyes: )

Also, didn't someone release a better, more accuratly shaped 30 cal gun pod? The one I have don't seem to want to work... meaning it now (post patch) shoots SIDEWAYS!!, and no tracers are seen.

Other than the weapons systems, this bird is pretty much ready to go. Even has a WW2 style N-3 gunsight. And it now takes off, without using twice the lenght of a Runway 4 (the LARGE runway)

Wrench

kevin stein

I cant see the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you US Govt.

That's what your PM meant!!!

What, do they think it's airplace p0rn??? :rofl:

I didn't know I could upload pics via our server, I've always used my site for storage/linkage...

lets see how this works, attached 3 of pics..

will they show or just be links....????

WRench

kevin stein

HOT DAMN!!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Awesome Kevin

It's just a pity the FAC don't FAC-ing work!!! :rofl:

Hell, I could release it "as is", without weapons and let the end users do what they want.

And thanks to buny for giving me the templates soooo long ago. I still think some of the lines are a bit too dark, but what the hey, right? You'll never notice from inside the cockpit

Wrench

kevin stein

Do I see updated model? :blink:

Wrench, what would we do without you Sir... :good:

Narp, it's just Buny's AT-6D "turned into" an AT-6G via the usual data ini edits. The only thing new is the skin and decals!

Well, and the FM. Let's just say it handles more like what is usually "stand-ins" for in movies.... :secret: Unfortunatly, it also has the same post-patch FM issues too. But it's VERY livable!

/self-depricating mode ON/

oh, I'm sure someone else would come up with the idea...I mean, there must be other folks around here who 'think outside the box' :wink:

/self-depricating mode OFF/

:rofl:

if you like i have this parts from a addon i made for the mk4 harvard to replace the antenna and the pitot

just give me a mail if you need this addon

send me some better detail kev...and I can knockup the launchers for yer...

ravenclaw: all riiiightt!! the correct ADF blade! PM inbound! and my Thanks!! (safe to assume it's added via the 'fake pilot'??)

russo: those are the best pics I've got. What it looks like is the bottom 3 racks as seen on Wolf's P-38 Christmas tree launcher. But I"ll look around and see what I can come up with.

wrench

kevin stein

This any good?.....I did it from the drawing on the lower left and tried to get it as close...

needs scaling...(currently rkts are 1m in length)..I need measurements thats all kev.......even if I know the rocket length and diameter...I can fathom the scale of the thing...

I can map it and you can apply a texture....can label bits etc...

101.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

I"d say that's just about perfect!!!

Figure the rockets are about half the size of HVAR (but 1 meter sound about right!). Probably around 3-ish inches in diamter (75mm??) , so the rack about 1 meter high??? Somthing like that... Still haven't found any better pics

Whats needed is a pic of some erk carrying the rocket!

:bowdown2:

Gotta say, I'm UTTERLY in awe of all you 3d guys .... I tried to learn it Gmax and Anim8or, and just can't wrap my brain around it.

Wrench

kevin stein

ok kev....will map it and send u to test tomorrow evening m8y...

Russ

With the extreamly kind assistance of Ravenclaw, here's what she looks like now:

texan_at6g_newish.jpg

note the pitot tube on the right wing, and the proper blade-style ADF housing. Also the missing forward mast.

More to come!

Wrench

kevin stein

Kev...due to lack of pics...I scanned net and found zilch...so....

heres what ive done...I assume you have rockets already?..

Its done so if you want it ...let me know...I assume you want..

the pylon pivot where it attaches to wing...

and attachment points for the rockets..?

launcher.jpg

Looking forward to this one! Hope to see some skins for it, maybe a ROKAF one?

Actually, Russo, I DON'T have rockets for it, other than the in-game 2.75s...(yah, I'm a jerk..)

ROKAF???? It's called "decals" brother, an easy change for the End User ™

Wrench

kevin stein

Wondering If you can send me the book please?

Great news, Kevin :good: I've been hoping for someone to mod one of the existing Texans into a T-6G to wear my French skin. I've also made a 3D model of the twin .30 cal. gunpod that was used on French T-6Gs in Algeria (different from the one in your pics), but it still needs to be converted to a LOD. Which brings up the next question, are twin gunpods at all possible?

Twin guns (as carred on SBD's in WW2) or 2 pods??? There's a pod on each wing in the shot above, the right side is just blocked from view.

The pods used here were made by buny, based off one of the rocket pods, IIRC, so they really don't have the correct shape; which would be more like the 75 gallon drop tank, but about 1/2 the size. But these work just fine, even if they have no protruding gun barrel

Stratos (and anyone else interested -- i HOPE you have large hard drives...)

site 1: http://betah.co.il/BooksCatalog.aspx?top10=yes

site 2: http://www.farposst.ru/phpBB2/index.php (in russian)

You'll all be there for several days.....

Enjoy! :haha:

Thats like strawberries to donkeys kev....

theres 1000`s of great boooks for resources there...I just found an excellent one on Meteor and Westland Whirlwind markings and camo`s...great find...

btw...tell me exactly whats req with the rockets and launcher...and then I can send it you

Twin guns (as carred on SBD's in WW2) or 2 pods???

Two guns per pod, actually. I'll post some pics when I get off work.

One of the reasons I had to get an external HD -- this one's only 180 gig, and at least 1/3 of it are books on PDF. The rest is for backups of game installes (zipped), and other storage.

I'll trying to locate more data on the rockets... post when I find something conclusive

Wrench

kevin stein

Well, found some more data;

based on the 2.25 in Sub-Caliber Aircraft Rocket (SCAR)

29 inches long,

2.25 in diameter (5.7cm)

36 kg (80lbs) weight with warhead (damn! that's heavy!)

best (and only pic I could find)

thanks again Russ!

Wrench

kevin stein