Sign in to follow this  
Guest ansons2

Germany for SFP1

Guest ansons2

Germany for SFP1

:yes: Hello everyone,

Here is my version of Germany for SFP1. This map should work with WOx Games too. (Just change the cat pointer

in the Germany.ini file).

Readme.txt

Germany terrain for SFP1 by S.Ansons

v1.0 January 30th, 2009

Having only SFP1 and FE, and with all the tremendous work made by CA community on the WOE GermanyCE Map, I have decided to create my own Germany Map. That' s the result !

Credits: TK, CA_STARY, Brain32, The Wrench, Polaks, Jan Tuma, Pasko, Hinchibrooke and likely many other people from the CA community.

What's new in this Map:

-2 new tiles have been added to the base WOE tileset :

GERMANYSJ.TGA small lake in a field tile.

GERMANYSA.TGA small lake in a mountain tile

- More forest areas with small roads and small towns

- New tods for having snow trees in the mountain areas

Lots of targets including :

Bridges at Arnhem, Nijmegen, the Rhine towns and München

A cargo convoy with destroyers, cruiser, Uboats to simulate a naval battle, German warships in the Hamburg harbor.

Tank and truck convoys thru the ardennes and towards Arnhem to help simulating both 1940 WestFeldZug, the battle of the Bulge and

Operation Market Garden.

Water color has been changed to give it a more greenish look.

Many towns in Holland, Denmark and Germany

Have fun !

S.Ansons

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/31/2009
  • Category

I'm having issues with planes exploding on the runway........ Anybody else ?

For the rest it's a promising map, going to try it out, and I'm very curious what Holland looks like !

Thanks Ansons.......

Aju,

Derk :smile:

For the rest it's a promising map, going to try it out, and I'm very curious what Holland looks like !

Thanks Ansons.......

Aju,

So far the terrain works fine for me, I have to say ansons did a really good job :good: Just wondering though, are there any campaigns available for this terrain?

runs great, very nice terrain.

it appears that the "friend" and "enemy" are reversed, so that the allied aircraft fly for Germany and the axis aircraft fly for the allies.

:blink:

nice convoy!

Thanks Ansons.......

Aju,

did you remember to readdres the cat file?

did you remember to readdres the cat file?

How nice of you to ask after all those months, but solved a long time ago, don't worry....

Hou doe,

Derk :wink:

Derk did readdressing the catfile work?, cause ive got it pointed to Desert cat which ive got but some terrrains of ansons still blow me up on the runway.

Guest ansons2
Derk did readdressing the catfile work?, cause ive got it pointed to Desert cat which ive got but some terrrains of ansons still blow me up on the runway.

Hi ikon71,

Have you checked that your aircraft have the MinBaseSize parameter set to SMALL in the aircraft data.ini file ? I know that it is a cause of CTD on several Maps.

regards

ansons2

Hi ikon71,

Have you checked that your aircraft have the MinBaseSize parameter set to SMALL in the aircraft data.ini file ? I know that it is a cause of CTD on several Maps.

regards

ansons2

Got it going with th desert.cat and it runs fine so it's probably indeed the BaseSize thing....

Hou doe,

Derk :wink:

Thanks for the responses guys, but when i had the min base size issue before (like trying to take off in a B-52 from the Solomons Terrain), i would get a CTD before the game finished loading. For instance with the Black Sea terrain, if I start from the runway the game loads fully but im placed 90 degrees perpendicular to the runway and all the other aircraft in my flight are occupying the same space as me. A quarter second later we all blow up together. I can then move around using the F12 key and I notice Im at a large airbase. I wonder if some terrains were degigned with the WOE Germany cat file in mind and since I use SFP1, the desert cat is somehow incompatible. Not all 3rd party terrains do this but I have them all pointing to a desert cat file. Weird huh?

Guest ansons2
Thanks for the responses guys, but when i had the min base size issue before (like trying to take off in a B-52 from the Solomons Terrain), i would get a CTD before the game finished loading. For instance with the Black Sea terrain, if I start from the runway the game loads fully but im placed 90 degrees perpendicular to the runway and all the other aircraft in my flight are occupying the same space as me. A quarter second later we all blow up together. I can then move around using the F12 key and I notice Im at a large airbase. I wonder if some terrains were degigned with the WOE Germany cat file in mind and since I use SFP1, the desert cat is somehow incompatible. Not all 3rd party terrains do this but I have them all pointing to a desert cat file. Weird huh?

:no: Hi Ikon71

I am playing SFP1 with Oct 2008 patch without any issue with the terrain. What is the aircraft causing the issue ? What is

the Airbase ? I would like to make a test on my PC by creating a custom mission.

Thanks

regards

ansons2

its working just fine for me (other than P-51's flying for the Luftwaffe.....)

But I put it into my WWII folder since it appears to be a WWII terrain with U-boats and Kriegsmarine cruisers and such. So I've haven't tried flying a Bear or a BUFF.

Ok guys thanks again for the replies. It seems I am confused. This Germany terrain is wonderfull, no problems. I appear to have 3 germany terrains, none of which is WOE Central Germany! I have a 4seasons ww2 germany by Edward I think, a Deuchland terrain which I seem to start below the runway textures but at least i can take off, and finally Ansons Germany which is perfect. I got mixed up with the Black Sea terrain ( F-4E recon taking off from Kerch Airport, I blow up once loaded) and the Eritrea terrain(F-4E recon taking off from Barentu AFB, I blow up after spawning in midpoint of runway). Im patched to Oct 08. Since none of these are Ansons terrains, I sincerly apologize for the mix up!! :oops: I'd still love to know if anyone else had that problem with those terrains though?

Edited by ikon71