Sign in to follow this  
Dave

DS Mod Goodies

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but I have found a bug. Since the mod just came out I figured there would be.

lolwut-1.jpg

The first one here was found in Kuwait city's harbor. Its right by the shore you can't miss it.

The second is a mission issue. I tried to fly anti ship with the Iraqi Mirage F1 and I found that the mission creator had me fly a huge loop in the middle of the desert. I ended up shooting down 2 f-15s and 2 F-4Es but no ships.

BTW, those are nice water shaders!

Edited by zmatt

Great work DS team.

Your work is admireable.

Thanks for this wonderfull MOD.

:-).

I tried to fly anti ship with the Iraqi Mirage F1 and I found that the mission creator had me fly a huge loop in the middle of the desert.

The DS Mod is built to fly on the allied side in the designated pilot controlled aircraft only. Any other flying (Iraqi, putting cockpits in AI aircraft) can result in unpredictable outcomes.

FC

Especially if you're shooting at Allied Aircraft. Very bad thing, IMHO. :tongue:

Haven't you ever heard of a water mosque-issan? They are the the Kuwaiti chapter of the Al-Qaida eels, and that is where they hide their explosives.

:biggrin:

The DS Mod is built to fly on the allied side in the designated pilot controlled aircraft only. Any other flying (Iraqi, putting cockpits in AI aircraft) can result in unpredictable outcomes.

FC

oh, sorry I was trying to be helpful. I thought you could play both sides.

I have a question....wheres Stiglr? Oh wait didnt one of you JDAM his house? :lol:

Oh please tell me that's an Easter egg wrench placed on the map. :clapping:

First off this thing rocks, went and bought WoE specifically for this mod. So I've been flying F-14's with VF-84 and having a blast, even if its maybey a bit too realistic.... we launch and theres a sky full of F-15's to take out the Migs before we get to the fight... just like in real life lol. I was on my 4th mission before I got a kill.

On the subject of kills with the Cat I've not been having any luck with the Phoenix, it just dosnt wanna work so I upped the performance a bit... gotta have some way of swatting the Migs before those pesky Eagles get all the glory... AGAIN!!! lol

Craig

ps. Tomcat fan since age 4 :)

Edited by fallenphoenix1986

Great Mod from the menu's to the ground objects . Just been exploring the aircraft yesterday liking the spark vark, just started a campaign this morning with 43 Sqn, first mission low level attack on K2 airfield, ordered 2nd flight to engage ground targets, they drop off and start to tangle with a pair of Mig 23 which are flying cap in the area, 2nd flight lead loses situational awareness and crashes into hill on approach to target.

Run in on target SEAD already has taken care of a couple of ZPU AA guns but there are still plenty of threats on the ground. Make a fast run in and pop up to attack the target pickle the bombs , good strike, rounds on target take down a pair of Zil 157 and a hangar as well as the objective. Start to egress low to the north ordering my wingman to attack an AA position. Wingman attacks several AA targets but gets hit after I order him to rejoin by AAA and goes in. Pull up to and turn to the northeast, switch over to Aim 9's and by pure luck have a Mig 25 in the middle of the HUD about 1.4nm out, get a good tone , Fox two , Mig 25 doesn't have chance and spirals into the deck in flames.

Remaining 2nd element ordered to rejoin and we start to egress to southeast, in the process getting locked up by SA-2, and SA-8 gecko. SA-8 Gecko takes a liking to Dallas 14 and my remain wingman goes in.

Objective achieved but at a heavy price.

Once again guys thanks for the hardwork, the radio chatter , the other traffic , ground objects all make this feel like a new game. Also thanks for the Germany addons aswell did anyone else not notice them yet?

I hate to do this but, I got a problem, its probably easy to answer.

I saddled up in my RF-4C and pushed the throttles forward. Looking at the plane using the F6 button, i noticed that only 1 of the burners was working. The engine works, its just that the effect is missing. What sort of tweak do i need to do to fix this?

Awesome mod guys. Thank you so much for making this happen. I had not played this game with the newest patch until this mod. Wow, things have changed a lot. FLight models seem to be a bit more realistic. I love how the noise suddenly disappears when you break the sound barrier. I also love the constant radio chatter in the background. Its so COOL!

P.S.

I remember begging USAFMTL (Dave) to release the Desert Storm terrain (which he did btw) back in the SimHq days. About 3 years later, we get something totally awesome!

its a typo in the engines section of data.ini

engine 2 needsto read

AfterburnerEmitterName=AfterburnerEmitter

engine 2 entry says KfirAfterburneremitter

and there isnt a kfir emitter

Edited by russouk2004

I`ve got an idea. I know the E-8 and E-3 are AI only planes without a proper pit. the one it`s used on them now is the C-130J pit if I`m not wrong. I looked into the OUT file and there is a whole section for the struts:

Overhead_Console_Upper (2 polys, 6 verts) '15 - Default'

Dash (136 polys, 408 verts) '18 - Default'

Strut_1L (6 polys, 18 verts) '05 - Default'

Strut_1R (6 polys, 18 verts) '05 - Default'

Strut_2L (6 polys, 18 verts) '05 - Default'

Strut_2R (6 polys, 18 verts) '05 - Default'

Strut_3L (6 polys, 18 verts) '05 - Default'

Strut_3R (6 polys, 18 verts) '05 - Default'

Strut_3UL (6 polys, 18 verts) '05 - Default'

Strut_3UR (6 polys, 18 verts) '05 - Default'

Strut_4L (6 polys, 18 verts) '05 - Default'

Strut_4R (6 polys, 18 verts) '05 - Default'

Strut_4UL (6 polys, 18 verts) '05 - Default'

Strut_4UR (6 polys, 18 verts) '05 - Default'

Back_Wall (16 polys, 48 verts) '21 - Default'

Upper_Front (12 polys, 36 verts) '18 - Default'

Flight_Deck_L (20 polys, 60 verts) '17 - Default'

Flight_Deck_R (20 polys, 60 verts) '17 - Default'

Window_Rails (68 polys, 204 verts) '23 - Default

I thought we could remove the unneeded parts to leave the panel, dash and stuff like this, just to have a nice "fake" pit for those birds. Maybe remove the HUD also for one version. Turn on Opencockpit and you can use the struts of the exterior 3D model. Something like Lexx did a while ago or I used on the Tu-22KD.

Anyone interested in doing a "quick" mod about adding the missing air-forces? should not be a difficult thing, mostly is a problem of getting the proper informations about bases and squadrons and loadouts. We need Italian, French and Canadian forces. We have tornado with desert skin, we have a mirage 2000, and we have CF-18 should be easyenough, anyone feels like helping me, or is anyone already working on this?

I'm pretty sure Dave said that they are going to do more allies as time permits.

Congratulations to all - this is absolutely outstanding! Thanks a million!!! :dntknw:

Finally got it downloaded... and have got to say Great Job... been for a lunatics half hour getting shot at by SAM's and Fulcrums with an attitude problem which is great fun.

Thanks for the Mod and I am now going of to lose my Social Life for awhile thats after I figured out who I am going to fly for and what I want to fly...

Anyone interested in doing a "quick" mod about adding the missing air-forces?

They're not missing, we ran out of room. :ok::biggrin:

Anyone interested in doing a "quick" mod about adding the missing air-forces? should not be a difficult thing, mostly is a problem of getting the proper informations about bases and squadrons and loadouts. We need Italian, French and Canadian forces. We have tornado with desert skin, we have a mirage 2000, and we have CF-18 should be easyenough, anyone feels like helping me, or is anyone already working on this?

If required, please tattoo the following on your butt:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry240900

Also, unless someone else has made one, we do not have a CF-18 skin. saguanay pulled the skin he made, and asked that it not be used.

If required, please tattoo the following on your butt

Classic!

FC

Hey JSF in the downloads section for F-18 skins there are some Canadian AF skins in there. Maybe we can use those?

Hey JSF in the downloads section for F-18 skins there are some Canadian AF skins in there. Maybe we can use those?

Cool, I was just looking to see if anyone else had made one.

Classic!

FC

LOL . :crazy: .but a little uncalled for. I don't see anything rude in my post. I just asked if it was a good idea to start a project I wasn't whining, I wasn't demanding. Actually I said "I am doing this for myself and I dlike to share and help, and I obviously know that you guys said it will be eventually be done" I Like the mod, I think it is lovely and an excellent historical research. I understand all the reason behind not including the coalition forces, in this first release, they compltely make sense. I just wanted to help, eventually, and share what I was going to do for myself. Seriously, there was no reason to answer. I understand you guys don't want the project picked apart, I am not. Also being defensive I understand as well. But you have the wrong target, and there is no reason to give me snarly answers, thank you :yes:

(and yes there plenty of decent CAF skins) :biggrin:

Edited by Canadair

I thought it was funny too.

I think JSF was just messing with you Canadair.

Outstanding Job guys! I took the OV-10D out for a spin and blew up a bunch of trucks, a ZSU-23, and managed to bag four MiG-23's. It takes quite a few 7.62mm bullets to bring them down. I've been tinkering around with the new planes and actually decided to start a campaign... Its been a while since I've done one of those. Like I said, Outstanding job!

Vamp

I think JSF was just messing with you Canadair.

It is okei, it doesn't matter. :biggrin: I am interested in helping and doing a campiagn 2.0 version, it think it is a good project, worth pursuing, in the spirit of readme .."men and women that gathered under one flag to stop a mad man"

Edited by Canadair