Sign in to follow this  
squid

Just my usual wishlist :P

i wish, although with a definitely bad financialy timing, TW could be showered in funds (how many times i am allowed to buy TW titles ? :D) and i could see the following implemented : (or maybe i can donate to community ? i dont mind either way :P)

- Full (comprehensive & user friendly) mission editor / creator

- In-flight map zoom-out to the whole map

- Save / record / playback missions

- up-to-date radio comms / voices / effects

and on a second level

- air refueling

- assymetric loadouts

- encyclopedia / reference

- external cameras adjustable field of view

- some fast way for skinners to be checking skins application. (Stand alone model viewer? 3D models in loadout screen?)

- cinematographic camera effects like shaking, floating etc

and one of my plane wishes is that there would be a european air forces F-16C of WoI F-16 quality :)

(Just "venting" , totally subjective talking, not a slight negative or even remotely such intention or feeling, just have a need to express "man, wouldn't be cool if" :) others may have the same wishes or not, not making a point, just talking :) cause i like to talk sim :D :grin: )

if wishes were horses...

if wishes were horses...

rumours have it though that there's a pony wandering around :P

rumours have it though that there's a pony wandering around :P

but that particular Pony is sixgunwhore... :wink:

i wish, although with a definitely bad financialy timing, TW could be showered in funds (how many times i am allowed to buy TW titles ? :D) and i could see the following implemented : (or maybe i can donate to community ? i dont mind either way :P)

- In-flight map zoom-out to the whole map

and on a second level

"In-flight map zoom-out" we can do... inside Flight/FlightEngine.ini change the [MapSettings] entry to the following...

[MapSettings]

MapMaxSize=600000

MapMinSize=10000

MapInitSize=100000

MapScaleRate=100.0

ZoomControl=CAMERA_ZOOM_CONTROL

"encyclopedia / reference" - for what? Please be more specific. Some mods are very well researched and implemented with references provided.

Regards, comrpnt.

He might mean like how in LOMAC there is the ability to see facts on all the aircraft, vegitables, and missiles. It has speeds, g limits, and wieghts, etc.

He might mean like how in LOMAC there is the ability to see facts on all the aircraft, vegitables, and missiles. It has speeds, g limits, and wieghts, etc.

exactly :)

"In-flight map zoom-out" we can do... inside Flight/FlightEngine.ini change the [MapSettings] entry to the following...

[MapSettings]

MapMaxSize=600000

MapMinSize=10000

MapInitSize=100000

MapScaleRate=100.0

ZoomControl=CAMERA_ZOOM_CONTROL

"encyclopedia / reference" - for what? Please be more specific. Some mods are very well researched and implemented with references provided.

Regards, comrpnt.

aaaaaaah thank you :clapping:

Edited by squid

- Maps, as said, can be done.

- External views can be done too, there are quite a few view mods out there, but maybe it's not as powerful as you'd like.

- Asymetric loadouts exist on some 3rd party planes, are quite easy to do on any planes, there just is a limit on how much entries you can manage, meaning on some planes with many hardpoint, you'd lose hardpoints or ordnance diversity.

- F-16C, not a single European air force used them until the mid 90's, they all were A models (Block 1, 5, 10, 15, 15OCU and starting mid-90's MLU); Also, for use by the USAFE or the various nations provided with F-16C later on, the variety of blocks is so large it's harder to decide which F-16C to model.

If you were so inclined you can still use the "old" F-16Cs (the F-16C-30 has been updated for inclusion into the ODS mod) from the Team Viper as "stand-in" until TMF or another team releases them up to the new standard of quality.

You could also use TMF's F-16A-15OCU as a basis for a F-16C as the airframe is more or less the same as the first F-16C-32.

See, with some digging parts of your wishlist just vanish :)

- Full (comprehensive & user friendly) mission editor / creator

How about Le Missioneur?

Wikipedia has tons of information on military aviation nowadays, even though some of it should probbly taken with a grain of salt... Much better, however, than what encyclopediae came with some 1990's flightsims.

- some fast way for skinners to be checking skins application. (Stand alone model viewer? 3D models in loadout screen?)

I agree; something like a standalone viewer would speed up skinning considerably. There is UMC2 which has some support for .LOD files, but it's not a big help for skinning, really.

- cinematographic camera effects like shaking, floating etc

There is a mod that does just that, i.e. it simulates the effect of motion on the pilot view. You'll have to search the download section. It's a really cool mod :yes:

- F-16C, not a single European air force used them until the mid 90's, they all were A models (Block 1, 5, 10, 15, 15OCU and starting mid-90's MLU); Also, for use by the USAFE or the various nations provided with F-16C later on, the variety of blocks is so large it's harder to decide which F-16C to model.

If you were so inclined you can still use the "old" F-16Cs (the F-16C-30 has been updated for inclusion into the ODS mod) from the Team Viper as "stand-in" until TMF or another team releases them up to the new standard of quality.

You could also use TMF's F-16A-15OCU as a basis for a F-16C as the airframe is more or less the same as the first F-16C-32.

See, with some digging parts of your wishlist just vanish :)

ok, not exactly European, i should had said NATO (As + Cs) :) Greece and Turkey never had A's, they operate C/D's blk 30, 40(Turkey), 50, 52+(Greece). Just a C blk 30 would do :P Or MLU As would be perfectly cool too. (Just as long as all incorporate tailchutes :P) I have tried all those F-16s but unfortunately i still prefer the TW block 10 3D model.

In general, i prefer to avoid as much as possible cumulating mods and add-ons as at the end i am loosing track of whats finally going on :( having to do that with more than one sim , i don't fancy the mess of info and complexity i am ending up with in my pc

Subjective but I would definitely include a systems encyclopedia in a sim, its handy, its fast, and adds one more bit of completion feel to the product.

Le missioneur etc many thanks to the bright people behind those apps and efforts, but i been there and at the end i droped it and stuck compromised with the TW missions layout ... gave me finger cramps lol

If i could only had my hands on the TW F-16A max model, i'd make the rest of the variations :)

Yeah, and if I had a dime for everytime I heard that, I could pay for the whole website for the rest of my life.

FC

dang! and i thought i was original :P

I got a little wishlist item as well. I don't know if this is already done in any other thirdwire series game but in SFG there is no communication between you and other crew of the same aircraft. I think it would be pretty neat if there was AI in your own craft that did the tasks assisgned to their position. Same craft multiplayer would be cool too, but I guess this would require each seat to have its own pit. Thoughts go back to F14 Fleet Defender where you had to switch to the back seat to do certain things. I just thought that was cool and at the time thought it would be sweet if me and my buddy could hook up and play the same craft together.

My main thought with this was helicopter gunships where you are the pilot and have an AI gunner and you can tell him to attack specific targets or fire at will at will at anything that comes into view, or hold fire. But I think other tasks could be done by co-pilots and stuff too.

Thought this seemed like a good place to put it, but maybe I should have started my own topic. Ah well its here now