Sign in to follow this  
Jarhead1

How did YOU end up here at combatace?

Wow a 2 digit Member No. They are rare.

:beach:

I was looking for Il-2 skins. In browsing the forums, I realized that someone had made and F-86 add-on for a flight sim that I had never heard of. Reading more, I placed an order for SFP1. However, it was not until the WOE/Service Pack 4 era that I really started paying attention. At that point, I finally found a worthy successor to the Janes USNF/ATF/FA series.

I came over from Biohazard... went there looking for addons from Thirdwire when I first bought Strike Fighters... and this is my one stop shop for WOE IL2 and LOMAC though the last one I havn't played for awhile. Started to mess around and create campaigns now in WOE which I hope to release soon...

Well.....

Purchased the LAST original copy of Strike Fighters: Project 1, sometime in 2003.....went for $15 at an EB's. :good:

Seeing as it featured aircraft like the F-100 and A-4, it greatly intrigued me...previously, I only flew those on MSFS. :haha:

...soon I began browsing around for websites, and I found SFP101.NET. Downloaded a few things...

Really began to get into the game some more, and that's when I found a hey website, named BIOHAZCENTRAL...

I also found that it had the most of everything out of this community, and after countless exploits and adventures, I joined in late 2004...

...soon after, it became CombatACE. :biggrin:

I've been here ever since..... :rolleyes:

Bought the original SFP1 when it came. Same day EB got it for sale. Went to TW for more info. Followed link to BioHaz. Don't think I joined until it merged with CA. Wemt on to play IL2 for several years, now back with the TK series.

Bought WoE, then my brother told me to find some add-on planes to add at the great sim, first did not know what to do, registered and became a member ever since....

This weirdo named Dave, or USAFBLT, he suckered me in with cash and prizes and like a good idiot I listened to him... that and the threat of EELS on my sensitive spots REALLY convinced me, but really, he is a swell guy :smile::good:

bought WOE,wondered why it had so few aircraft.searched vids on youtube,got a link to this site

I found this place while looking for some info on Combat over Israel.

<-- I was Biohaz member #69. Oh yeah, baby. Anyone else active with a 2-digit number?

Yep... I think Fates still had dark hair when I got here. :ok:

i needed a place where i could get spanked without being judged,drink alcohol in huge amounts ,throw chips at passers by,harass small woodland creaturs with drinking straws,smoke without getting told off,run around in my underwear, listen to voices that you really shouldnt listen to, and to find mods for wings over series...and my search led me to a hospital for special people like me....but i escaped,stole there computer and found this site.

xx princess vanessa xx

• Like 1

i searched in google Ace Combat, than i recive Combat Ace

I searched in google WOE..... :ph34r:

After starting out with Air Warrior and having had a lot of fun with Jane's USAF on Windows '98, I got myself an early SFP1 somewhere in 2004 (mainly because of the F104) in a toyshop over here

Googled into SimHq and was dragged in by a "certain" USAFMTL. Had great times there

When everything exploded there in the end, I followed the big stampede into CA (being a quite early member of BioHaze, as I found out later....)

Still a couple of good people left at SimHQ though, but of course CA is faaaaaar more active.

Hou doe,

Derk :smile:

The good ole CF2/3 days.Is Netwings even still around?

It's still around Dave but most of the activity is over at Sim Outhouse. There's still 3rd party planes and mods coming out for CFS2, quite amazing when you realize how long it's been out (and what little support MS gave it).

In fact it was CFS2 that lead me here in a way. I was adding F-4s to the game and was not satisified on how you could not have missiles that locked, and just happened to come across SF while surfing, and stumbled here as well, especially after seeing all the addons.

Registered for downloads when I first got SFP1 and WOV but never paid attention to the forums until the mass exodus from simHQ when it became the complete and total center for TW games.

Unfortunately, I've been stuck with this riffraff ever since :tongue:

i needed a place where i could get spanked without being judged,drink alcohol in huge amounts ,throw chips at passers by,harass small woodland creaturs with drinking straws,smoke without getting told off,run around in my underwear, listen to voices that you really shouldnt listen to, and to find mods for wings over series...and my search led me to a hospital for special people like me....but i escaped,stole there computer and found this site.

xx princess vanessa xx

ofcourse the girls of CA cant probably be trivial. otherwise they wouldnt end up here would they. LOL :grin:

I recall was hanging out at McFly's all the time, busy with Janes USAF, and trying to learn to model planes in Max, and was doing skins back then *sigh* Then gradually moved to SF and Biohaz from McFly's suggestions and links as J.USAF couldnt go any further (comparing to SF & LockOn (♥) and McFly's gave up the sport as well.

I bought WOV in a combo pack with an FPS about special ops in Vietnam. I couldn't get it to run on my old graphics card, put it on a shelf. Got a new graphics card, tried again, and it worked!!! Then I googled the Wings over series and found CombatAce, and I swear it promised cake and punch. Well, I signed up like a year or two ago, and still no cake or punch, just lots of great mods. So I figured, "hey, if I buy WoE, maybe thats where the cake and punch is" so I went over to Amazon and picked up a copy to merge with WoV. It arrived at my house, I opened the box, and.........no cake, no punch, not even a dry punch mix like in MREs. And now here we stand, a great game with great mods, and im still hungry and thirsty, what a life this is.

I here from BioHaz, but when it died, I didn't find out about this place til a friend told me. I somehow lost my other name and had to re-register.

Edited by Cali

I was having trouble getting Jane's F/A-18 to work on my new laptop so I started searching all sorts of forums for help. While I did find the answer elsewhere, this was one of the sites I visited and the first place I heard about the Strike Fighters series. I bought SF2 shortly after arriving here, and I haven't looked back since!

How did you end up here at combatace ? .......my mum sent me out for a pint of milk lol

regards

Mungo

Got very drunk at a party, and woke up next to a PC

I came looking for mods and extra kites for First Eagles via Google. Came, saw, didn't conquer. Realised that OFF was probably going to be a better use of my time. Stayed. I now lurk semi-permanently in the OFF folders....