• Memphis Belle
    • Midway
    • The Tuskegee Airmen
    • Battle of Britain
    • The Blue Max
    • Flyboys

Following the thread on Star Trek vs Star Wars, i thought of

making a poll on this. There are a lot of films missing, but

i guess that this random sample is good for getting an idea.

If you prefer others, please let us know

I would say that Flight of the Intruder and Battle for Britain get my votes.

I´m sorry, 633 Squadron missing. Nobody is perfect

Edited by macelena

Top Gun and BoB.

But I love them all!

Except Skyfighters, which I had to Google. Looks good but is it available on Region 2 DVD?

Looks good but is it available on Region 2 DVD?

Yes, i have it

its a hard to choose out of them...most people love top gun,including myself....but i prefer iron eagle 2 over the first one,havnt seen flight of intruder in years but i remember loving it......also the opening part of behind enemy lines,and there was a film which im sure was called by dawns early light..about b52 crew which was good...correct me if im wrong on title..lol.

as for the others...BOB all the way.

xx v xx

its a hard to choose out of them...most people love top gun,including myself....but i prefer iron eagle 2 over the first one,havnt seen flight of intruder in years but i remember loving it......also the opening part of behind enemy lines,and there was a film which im sure was called by dawns early light..about b52 crew which was good...correct me if im wrong on title..lol.

xx v xx

Agree about Iron Eagle. I also missed Behind the enemy lines. Not my day, just failed "Law Foolosophy" again. About

BoB, i think that it´s the best aircraft film ever. It is not only about the planes, but also about how do pilots live, their fears

and what motivates them to fight. Compare it with some other stuff...

Iron Eagle was for my like some kids have writen it... Topgun a great hollywood movie, Skyfighters has one of the best jetscenes in a movie. Intruder... I was addicted to this movie.

I really love Mirage 2000s in Skyfighters.

They are so beautiful.

And,there a Russian film called Mirror wars is also good stuff for Russian Fighter fans

Dr. Strangelove by far. I'd be down for some nuclear combat with Slim Pickens any day.

"Well, boys, I reckon this is it — nuclear combat toe to toe with the Rooskies. Now look, boys, I ain't much of a hand at makin' speeches, but I got a pretty fair idea that something dog gone important is goin' on back there. And I got a fair idea the kinda personal emotions that some of you fellas may be thinkin.' Heck, I reckon you wouldn't even be human bein's if you didn't have some pretty strong personal feelin's about nuclear combat. I want you to remember one thing, the folks back home is a-countin' on you and by golly, we ain't about to let 'em down. I tell you something else, if this thing turns out to be half as important as I figure it just might be, I'd say that you're all in line for some important promotions and personal citations when this thing's over with. That goes for ever' last one of you regardless of your race, color or your creed. Now let's get this thing on the hump — we got some flyin' to do."

What about Starfighters, a horrid piece of dreck featuring no less than 45 mins of F-104s refueling?

My pick was Memphis Belle, but I think Tora Tora Tora should've been in the list.

Strategic Air Command should be on the list.

BOB, Dr. Stranglove, Strategic Air Command, Tora! Tora! Tora!, and 12 O'Clock High!

BOB, Dr. Stranglove, Strategic Air Command, Tora! Tora! Tora!, and 12 O'Clock High!

Yep. All of them should have appeared. But i´m sorry, forgot them. At least, i didn´t put Pearl Harbor in.

PH has some great battle scenes. It's worth watching about 45 mins of the film.

PH? :blink:

Pearl Harbor, limited only to flight sequences is ok.

Also missing on the list are Dark Blue World and Behind Enemy Lines, quite a decent movies.

But my vote goes to Bob and Flight of the Intruder.

Air Force One was awesome for reasons other than planes though.

There should be a combined class for The final countdown, the Nimitz in WW2. :biggrin:

The plot isn't the best around, but the planes more than make up for that. Tomcats, Intruders, Corsairs and a Crusader in high viz schemes, what more could you want.

And the actors having a good time? That is what making an enjoyable film should be about.

I would say that Flight of the Intruder and Battle for Britain get my votes.

I´m sorry, 633 Squadron missing. Nobody is perfect

Where's 633 Squadron, Dambusters, Mosquito Squadron... sorry

I gotta say, sorry for the lots of film missing (i just got blank when i came to make the poll) and

any mental retard or lag i may be showing in my posting. Next time i make this things,i will do

it properly

@ kct. the kind of films i think you mean should be discussed in the "Alotta Breast Thread" :biggrin: old C5 forum

@ PACMAN. Mosquito is not , IMHO, more than a sequel to 633. I know there are films that i should have added, but

i didn´t want to give too many options and i forgot some of the best, sorry again

@ CA_stary, i just googled Dark Blue World. I remember it, and it was worthy. In fact, the "Repeat, please" scene

is, together with "takatakata" the very best of BoB

Edited by macelena

xx v xx

Yes there is a film By Dawns Early Light.. B-52 crew off to bomb the russkies... in good old bad days...

Aces High is missing from WWI films... Not that I'd vote for it (even though its flying scenes were re-used in Blackadder 4), but still.

Count my voice for the Blue Max. Won't vote for post WW2 movies 'cause I haven't see half of them and don't remember the other half. :biggrin: Anyway I find documentaries a bit more facinating :yes:

Bridges over To Ko Ri?

Back in the 70s there was a movie about 2 SPAD drivers, one pilot was a black gentleman, in the Korean War where they had to shut down a tunnel with iron bombs. I wish I could find that one.

:ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

Bridges over To Ko Ri?

Back in the 70s there was a movie about 2 SPAD drivers, one pilot was a black gentleman, in the Korean War where they had to shut down a tunnel with iron bombs. I wish I could find that one.

:ph34r: CL

My father just been blaming for it. IIRC, it was about Panthers? I could have asked him, but now he is

like when i told him "you know, granda & dad, i know we´ve been navy since Salamina, but i´m going air force"

Just watching it now, paused to drink something and calm down the tension lol

Thx for mentioning it, I watched it on VHS like 15 years ago so I can't remember a thing, like watching a new movie and it's great...