Is there any way make pilot control swing wing of MiG-23s?

i´m not that ini-guru, but i think it could work maybe with animations???

So that you can set the degrees to an animation key....

i´m not that ini-guru, but i think it could work maybe with animations???

So that you can set the degrees to an animation key....

That might work but there would be no aerodynamic effect.

Maybe use flap?

Then your flaps would activate along with the wing sweep.

If I use a Auto-Flap such as F-16?

You'll potentially have flaps deploying at mid-sweep.

If I use a Auto-Flap such as F-16?

Then you're right back where you started.

What you need is a range control to control the sweep of the wings. There are only 3 range controls in the TW sims.

1) Flight controls

2) Throttle

3) Thrust vectoring

Probably don't want to use the flight controls or throttle.

However, there isn't anything preventing trying to use the thrust vector control for sweeping wings. However, I'm not sure how successful you'll be.

FC

However, there isn't anything preventing trying to use the thrust vector control for sweeping wings. However, I'm not sure how successful you'll be.

I can see that working for the animation, but I'm not sure if any aerodynamics could be attached to it. Would be interesting to try though.

What if you guys gave the flaps more settings and made the first few correspond with the wing sweep, then progressively to the flaps themselves?

What if you guys gave the flaps more settings and made the first few correspond with the wing sweep, then progressively to the flaps themselves?

The AI might not react well to it. Not saying its impossible, though.

I dont think that they have a tail hook. If you're okay W/ only having upswept and full or 1 partial sweep setting you could probably link it up to that as long as you dont attempt carrier traps.

sorry read this after i posted. Yeah they do that in MSFS on a freeware tomcat. 0 flaps = full sweep and full flaps = unsweep and full flaps. the wings unsweep in about 3-4 stages then the flaps will start deploying. they did that for T/V on a harrier model as well.

Only three settings are allowed per surface. You can type in as many flap and sweep settings as you want, but the sim will only use the first three.

I used to have the F-14 modded for manual sweep. I mapped it to the thrust vector control, and changed one other entry. I'm also working on changing the F-111 wings to manual as well.

Actually, I just realized that even if you get it to work, there's one BIG problem...

The AI won't use it at all.

Your wings will be stuck in the 'min thrust vectoring' position for all your AI aircraft.

I ran into a similiar problem with the 'backward firing missile'. The AI isn't smart enough to deal with unconventional issues like that.

FC