Sign in to follow this  
nestor

TracKIR4 problem in FE

Installed TracKIR4 last Saturday and functioned without a problem in all the my mods of FE & with IL2 1946: green led on starting TracKIR4 program and a blue the moment the games were activated. Now Sunday I installed CFS3 & ETO and finally OFF where honestly I got a bit disgusted from the Quick Combat throwbacks (endless roaming before finally bumping into much anticipated opponents - having to limp back to base in order to save a active pilots career - reduced to pieces in collision each time on trying to start a session with wingmen in sky ... all the having to recreate & activate a new pilot profile - where is the fun factor in all that??? and the configuration so easy to locate in CFS3 and ETO but squirreled away in OFF: GIVE ME FE ANYTIME). This evening I wanted some good old fun with FE & guess what: TracKIR4 is not doing it anymore - in neither of the FE versions nor in IL2 - only in CFS3, ETO & OFF do I get a blue led: CFS3 & ETO the moment the game is activated, OFF only when a session is loaded. OS is Vista Home premium.

Vincent from NaturalPoint Technical Support made it run again!

His advice: "Make sure you are running all applications at the same permission levels within Vista".

Had TrackIR running as administrator while FE & IL2 1946 apparently not 'cause those never gave problems (installed in a games folder instead of programs folder - btw same for TrackIR).

Did that to for FE & IL2 1946 and trackIR gives back his cheeriest blue led for them.

Funny I had not that problem before CFS3 install?

Also weird it does the prompt after making them run as administrator while it did not before.