Sign in to follow this  
Firecage

Survival of AI

I have been doing some more work on a new Plane fest lately and I seem to notice one thing thats getting to be a pain. Has anyone else noticed the AI do not have any idea of self preservation to speak of ?

It really seems the AI just cant help but run into each other all the time. They do not dodge or turn to avoid hitting each other in a DF. More than half of all the planes and pilots seem to be killed for a collision. Now it may be accurate and all but it s a bit frustrating seeing 70% of my squad dead/KIA/MIA due to planes and AI just running into each other alot.

Just wantintg to know if anyone has found a fix for this yet.

Thanks

I noticed that from time to time.I wonder if it has somthing to do with the AI being the same for both planes.the AI makes the desion to dodge just that since both are doing it they dodge into each other. :wink: It can get anoiying after a while

I have been doing some more work on a new Plane fest lately and I seem to notice one thing thats getting to be a pain. Has anyone else noticed the AI do not have any idea of self preservation to speak of ?

I second you on that, quite right.

Its wierd when they head at you nose ot nose and they will ram ya and wont flich at all. And itf you try and pull up or dive they will match and collide most times. I have got to the point where I avoid head ons if at all possible.

:blink:

Odd... In SF2 I see AI do tons of head-on attacks without ever colliding. Maybe another of TK's "little tweaks". Or maybe tighter furballs in FE leave AI less choice of actions.