Sign in to follow this  
column5

Battle of the Bulge!

Nic and Vanessa, you two have nothing to worry about. I myself need to focus on gaining weight. Currently at 155 lbs, 5'10", 8% body fat. Need to start downing those protein shakes. I did do a 2 mile run today though in about 15 minutes.

Edited by serverandenforcer

I just got back from working out with my trainer. Towards the end I hallucinated that I was in a dark tunnel and there was a real bright light up ahead... :help:

'Does this website look fat on me?"

wish i had your figure anyday...!!..im old...oh my god im getting old...nearly as old as column5..ok..maybe not that old...LOL.

(if he reads that i think he might kill me..lol)

xx v xx

I only feel old when I see a bunch of teenage girls cavorting around the pool at the gym. Then I realize that I'm not old...I'm experienced. :beach:

I am 5'8, and 185, I think I am the right weight for my height, but I just gotta do more pt and ab work, to get rid of the little holiday gut I got.

'Does this website look fat on me?" :rofl:
:haha:

Nic and Vanessa, you two have nothing to worry about. I myself need to focus on gaining weight. Currently at 155 lbs, 5'10", 8% body fat. Need to start downing those protein shakes. I did do a 2 mile run today though in about 15 minutes.

Pound down a pint of quality, Welchs is my choice, grape juice before you go to sleep.

Check out Nancy Clark's work. The Atheletes Kitchen is my favorite work. Good info for all here for anything you want to do. If you need some burly man thing for your diet needs, she was the dietician for the US Rugby team once.

Good Idea C5. Rather then documenting my body wieght online I'd rather spend my time sniveling for skins.

I'm on another program that seems to work. The joints are starting to complain tho.

:ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

Well, according to that link I only need to lose about 10 lbs, which is what I already knew. :wink:

I'm 5'11" and 180-185lbs right now, although I was at 175 a few months ago. I've not been below 175 though for many years. I was 150 when I met my wife right out of college, but everyone told me I was too thin then. Ah, I miss that!

i think the charts and peer challenge are a good idea, column5. i'm in.

i've really been carrying a lot of spare luggage lately. time for some nay-saying at the dinner table.

No weight, shape or size problems but I want to finally STOP smoking those goddamn cigarettes!!! ARRGRRGRH!

Well now I feel like crap.

acording to the "ideal body weight" chart I need to loose more the 100 lbs so now you will need to up the 100lbs "modesty" number so I can stop crying.

I don't really feel too bad as I intentional put on abou 80lbs when I moved from Linebacker to Defensive line.

you girls do not need to worry as I'm equal to you both.

Pound down a pint of quality, Welchs is my choice, grape juice before you go to sleep.

Check out Nancy Clark's work. The Atheletes Kitchen is my favorite work. Good info for all here for anything you want to do. If you need some burly man thing for your diet needs, she was the dietician for the US Rugby team once.

Good Idea C5. Rather then documenting my body wieght online I'd rather spend my time sniveling for skins.

I'm on another program that seems to work. The joints are starting to complain tho.

Wow...what terrain tileset is that it looks awesone? And is that the widesky atmosphere mod? :rofl:

Wow...what terrain tileset is that it looks awesone? And is that the widesky atmosphere mod? :rofl:

:blink:

The skin is the NWCG compliant scheme on a well worn out Type 4 Incident Commander. Whites leather personnel carriers. Bendix King avionics. Brunton and paper maps navigation system. Kern County Campaign. Dozer line rehab mission.

Edited by charlielima

Column5 (and anyone else who might be interested). You want a good, body-toning and fat-burning workout? Find a GYM with an Olympic-sized pool, and swim free-style for one hour 3x per week. Walk one mile 5x per week at a moderate pace (2.5-3 mph).

Depending on your present condition and diet, you will loose about 3-4 lbs per week just from the effort alone, and it will all be low-impact excersize.

C5,

I'm in.

Fubar...I like your idea (I know about the benefits of swimming) but getting consistently to the gym is a nightmare for me...especially on the road.

FC

I am all for anyhing thats low impact, my knees kill me every day after we run PT, and run like 6 miles, UGH.

I bought a scale today, just gotta fire it up. Also, got a doctor's appt/physical this week. Just a meet and greet since this is the first time i've been to a doctor in years (aside from the FAA medical checks.... and that little incident with the car back in '07...).

I've lost weight last year during the summer up to being actually underweight - then the cold hit me right through the bone - so atm I'm 10kg overweight but at least I don't feel the cold that much...!!!

But you can count on it that I'll start loosing weight again once the temperature gets more agreeable to me...

Saw the doc today, weighed in at 200lbs, he said my ideal weight should be around 170-175. So I've got a bit more work to do. Time to get crackin....well, right after I have some ice cream...

I'm 5' 11", weigh 200lbs. and in my 50's. BP is good. Cholesterol is good. Doc says to keep it under 200. I just lost 25 lbs. in the past 9 months or so. Not sure I'm up to losing another 20 just yet. :blink: I don't diet, just watch portion size. Seems like I can gain 5lbs. in a week if I don't watch it. Sure is harder to lose than it used to be.

That's going to be my biggest problem (aside from working out) is portion control. That and I've noticed that I tend to eat a bit more when I'm bored.

okay, I'm 6'1" and 196 pounds as of today. I'm going to try to start biking to school (14km/day), so I want to see if that is going to make an impact. I did manage to gain 5 pounds over the winter, so I guess I didn't do enough skiing...

Well, I'm 6'5" and 212 pounds, having loss 26 pounds on the last six months, and I think it's pretty good the way it is, I like myself like this, my girlfriend likes me like this, everything's fine in the finest of the worlds :p

I've lost 2 pounds. Just about back in the habit of going to the gym nightly. Had a bad cold the past week or so, but now its time to buckle down.

I've lost 2 pounds. Just about back in the habit of going to the gym nightly. Had a bad cold the past week or so, but now its time to buckle down.

I'm old and it doesn't matter any more. I work out every day and could care less what I weigh. My wife hounds me to hell about having a heart attack, but, since none of us get out of this life alive, I can think of lots worse ways to go. Since I didn't bust my fair ass flying jets in my pirate days, I figure I'm living on borrowed time anyway. All a matter of perspective.................