Sign in to follow this  
column5

Battle of the Bulge!

I think i've dropped about 2 pounds, but I'm just holding on to that. Still looking to get to the gym, just been really busy with work. I'd go when I get home, but I'm friggin exhausted. Gotta work out a schedule for my off days..

I'm on a roll now. 8.5 pounds as of yesterday.

Well last summer I was 196lbs (6'0" medium frame) when a girl I was dating talked me back into running. I used to run in high school but a car accident put an end to that. By the time winter came and long after that girl dumped me, I was down to 175 and running 3 miles a day, followed by 20 pushups, 50 situps, and some weights. I kept the weight off in the winter but that was probably due to muscle loss. Now I'm 177 and just started running again. First attempt last week ended up nearly passing out at a 1 3/4 miles. This week I'm back at 2 miles and doing the full post-run routine again but the strength is definitely noticeably gone. Not looking forward to fighting my way back to full strength. :sad:

Edited by GrinchWSLG

I'm down to about 187 now. Mostly by portion control...except with ice cream... but there's improvement!

5'9 170, I run every day. I woudln't call myself a light frame or skinny, I've got a lot of meat on me and I'm trying to make the change between bruiser and getting toned. The ladies don't care how big your muscles are, just how you look without a shirt on.

i'm going to basketball now pretty much every other day, but i'm having problems with shin splints. i can play for 30-40 mins no problems, but then this numb pain becomes so unbearable i must rest or i can't even drive home (can't press the clutch). and the worst part is, once i'm home for an hour or so, the pain completely goes away.

has anyone experienced this? found a remedy?

Been running again lately. I can almost go a mile without stopping again. I know that sounds lame but I haven't run since college. Anyway I want to get back up to speed so I can do a 5k later this year.

Good fitness plan that i followed. I had my sights set on joining the royal marines so i began training to get for it. Then i was told by my parents i couldn't join because they dont want me to. Dream job, as well as pilot that is....

CIRCUIT:

1ST SET- 2ND SET- 3RD SET -

15 Press ups - 20 Press ups - 15 press ups

20 Knees to chest - 25 knees to chest - 20 knees to chest

20 Squats - 25 squats - 20 squats

4 pull ups - 6 pull ups - 4 pull ups

20 Alt Knee to elbow - 25 alt knee to elbow - 20 alt knee to elbow

15 box jumps - 20 box jumps - 15 box jumps

15 tricep dips - 20 tricep dips - 15 triceps dips

20 half sits - 20 half sits - 20 half sits

10 lunges (each leg) - 20 lunges (each leg) - 10 lunges (each leg)

Monday:

Morning - 30 min run

Evening - Circuit

Tuesday:

Morning - 45 min run or 30 min bike ride or swim

Evening - Circuit

Wednesday:

REST

Thursday:

Morning - 30 min run

Evening - Circuit

Friday:

Morning - 45 min run or 30 min bike ride or swim

Evening - Circuit

Saturday:

Morning - 30 min run

Evening - Circuit

Sunday:

REST

MAKE SURE YOU TAKE THE REST DAYS TO RECOVER OTHER WISE YOU WILL BE EXHAUSTED AND UNABLE TO CONTINUE TRAINING FOR A PERIOD OF TIME.

This training schedule requires you to push yourself to your limits. If you feel like stopping, push yourself harder to just keep going. Also eat a balanced diet of fruit and veg and all the other good stuff for you. Drink plenty of water to avoid de-hydration either while running or once you have completed your training.

Good luck

Edited by scouserlad13

Ok folks,

i let myself go a bit longer so and am now beginning my new period of extended PT. However, i have a bit of a problem.

I seriously blew my knee out a few months ago and it looks like my running days are over unless it gets surgically repaired. Seeing as that's pretty much out of the question, i have to ask about alternative ways to do heavy duty cardio exercises. About the only thing i can think of is doing my jogging in the complex pool so as to keep as much weight as possible off the knee.

Ideas?

Ok folks,

i let myself go a bit longer so and am now beginning my new period of extended PT. However, i have a bit of a problem.

I seriously blew my knee out a few months ago and it looks like my running days are over unless it gets surgically repaired. Seeing as that's pretty much out of the question, i have to ask about alternative ways to do heavy duty cardio exercises. About the only thing i can think of is doing my jogging in the complex pool so as to keep as much weight as possible off the knee.

Ideas?

Possibly a rowing machine. They can get your heart rate to maximum really fast.

Edit: Also, the scale finally started registering some weight loss again, even though I've dropped a waist size in the past month!

Possibly a rowing machine. They can get your heart rate to maximum really fast.

Edit: Also, the scale finally started registering some weight loss again, even though I've dropped a waist size in the past month!

Thanks for the tip.

In high school we had one in the weightroom and i was the only person who ever used it seriously.

I'll check into picking one up.

Thanks for the tip.

In high school we had one in the weightroom and i was the only person who ever used it seriously.

I'll check into picking one up.

If there is a local gym, might want to visit and try out some different stuff, to see what works best with your knee.

I gotz Wii Fitz!

Since Jen's in Ireland for the month, I've started using her WAVE. She's right, it's a killer. I figure it's good to get me back into workout mode, and it has short sessions.

Racindriver1 ,

Yes although i can only see you face you look loverly to me , and were as another woman my have a smaller butt does she have that Angelic look of yours ? . And anyway beauti is in the eye of the beholder and i think your beautiful :good: . And i have good taste :good:

Nathan :biggrin:

ps and your a racin driver how cool

I'm resurrecting this.

How's everyone doing on their general fitness?

I'm doing terrible :glare:

Eating too much and exercising too little unfortunately. I blame the job. Cut my lunches at work down a bit and only light breakfasts. Also started climbing the stairs to the tower once a day if I get the chance. 270 foot tall tower with 408 steps, its definitely a little workout. Cold weather has kept me on the treadmill all winter which is why I think I've lost a lot of interest in running. Down to twice a week if I'm lucky. Can't wait for some warmer weather and less rain so I can get back on the park trail and enjoy the scenery and fresh air.

Got a lot of work to do come spring time.

Edited by GrinchWSLG