Sign in to follow this  
169th_Ice

Mission Editor Tutorial

Having installed Lomac i now want to make my own missions..

I am having truouble with the basics

Please post any tips here

basics like

1. Inserting aircraft and waypoints (can usually install 1 aircraft but only by random clicking, still havent managed to inserrt a second aircraft yet)

2. Inserting Objects and waypoints

Moved to the LOMAC Mission forum. :D

I will be creating a tutorial here at Biohaz, just waiting for the retail version to arrive.

I will be creating a tutorial here at Biohaz, just waiting for the retail version to arrive.

how goes the tutorial, is it done? I've been looking for a good one, no luck yet.

Anybody know how to make a MP COOP mission work? Like the specific settings that makes it COOP. I have made a few really detailed mission but when my squadmates try and connect, the "join" button for them to pick the coalition is not enabled. Any reason why?

I have all the plane slots there, and they show, just the join button is not working for them. :angry:

how goes the tutorial, is it done? I've been looking for a good one, no luck yet.

Anybody know how to make a MP COOP mission work? Like the specific settings that makes it COOP. I have made a few really detailed mission but when my squadmates try and connect, the "join" button for them to pick the coalition is not enabled. Any reason why?

I have all the plane slots there, and they show, just the join button is not working for them. :angry:

No, haven't had the time, probably won't until after the holidays... :blink:

To make a multiplayer mission, you need to set the skill level of each player flyable plane to 'Client'. Also, you can only have one plane per set of waypoints so if you want 4 player flyable planes, you make each one in its own group and give each one a set of waypoints. Don't forget to enter the task for each plane and use the payload button to arm it. You need to make as many planes as you intend to have players.

You can add AI planes with airstart waypoints or you can set them to take off from an airfield but if they are set to takeoff from an airfield, you have to stagger the takeoff times or only one group will take off from that base. This also applies if you want friendly AI planes taking off from the same base as the players.

To set mission objectives, you need an attack waypoint. With the attack waypoint selected, you can click the targeting button and set a series of mission objective targets. After you have your targeting set for all planes, click the crosshair looking button on the left side of the editor screen and add the targeting list to the mission objective list.

That is a real basic explanation of the MP coop, I can go into more detail on a particular subject if you need.

Hi Sal_

After you have your targeting set for all planes, click the crosshair looking button on the left side of the editor screen and add the targeting list to the mission objective list.

Could you please put an image of that crosshair button here? I can find it  :baby: 

Edited by Bamzi

Three buttons above the check mark if I understand correctly.

Also setting multiple flights as "Client" also in single-player or offline mode, allow you to fly one of the aircraft.  For some of my training missions I have at the minimum of two of each aircraft, so if I want to hop in an A-10A I can do so, or a C, etc.

Edited by EricJ