Sign in to follow this  
baffmeister

Desert Target Zone - SF2

Desert Target Zone - SF2

View File

For Strike Fighters 2.

Built for real time game generated strike missions. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to do a round trip strike mission. Paran and Dhimar get 4 airports each and the front line is relocated to what used to be central Dhimar. Main Features:

1. 141 target areas including 10 SAM sites for Paran.

2. Easy install.

3. Many "Freeware" objects being used.

4. Quicker Take Off mod included with customized parking spots. Large aircraft parking will accept C-5A sized aircraft.

5. Contains Ground Attack, Truck, and Ship routes so you can fly CAS, Armed Recon and anti-ship missions.

6. Has a 3X zoom map from an older version of SF that shows desert and green spaces better.

7. Installation won't affect your stock "Desert" terrain.

8. Negative points awarded if you cause collateral damage.

CREDITS: Thanks to these folks for creating and allowing freeware use of their building objects:

1. This project uses some objects from MITCH's "Factory Place" project. There seems to be a consensus within the Strike Fighters community that it's OK to use these objects for FreeWare projects.

3. WRENCH, for hosting the "Factory Place" objects at his website. And for the cool "Shipwrecks!"

2. GEPARD, for some objects I lifted from his DRV terrain.

4. PASKO, for the round tents, now used by the Bedouins.

5. GRUMPOTAMUS, for the Radar Dome.

6. WINGWHINER, for the some Factories, Headquarters Building, Gas Station, Tactical Control Center, and Control Tower H1.

7. STARY, for the his hangar pack.

8. FUBAR512, for the Pecco Crane.

New for this version:

9. WINGWHINER again for some buildings from his epic 43 city buildings pack.

10.JULHELM for some industrial silo's/buildings

11.RussoUK and Gepard for the Oil Rig.

12.EZLead for the formation take off mod.

13. TK and ThirdWire for creating such an interesting flight sim / hobby.

Changes for this version: Unless a patch does something really bad to this terrain, it is the final version. Using some buildings from WingWhiners 43 city building pack finally gave me the variety I was looking for. Check out EZleads included formation take off mod, it's a perfect fit for this terrain!

After quite a few years I tried an anti ship mission on this terrain mod and got a CTD! It used to work, honest! Anyway, the next update will be awhile but there will be more as I saw some great new building objects uploaded recently so, until then, a hotfix:DESERTTZ_MOVEMENTfix.rar Just unzip and copy into the DesertTZ terrain folder and let it overwrite. The problem was caused by either too many ship waypoints [21] or the waypoints were too close together. [ I had tried to get the ships to do a zig-zag pattern to make anti-ship missions a bit more difficult.]