Sign in to follow this  
rotarycrazy

S-67 blackhawk americas HIND

I don't think really anybody is doing that, not much use for helos in TW sims unfortunately...

I don't think really anybody is doing that, not much use for helos in TW sims unfortunately...

yeah that is unfortunate... I'd love a decent twin rotor...

Helos are just slow targets.

Only if the enemy pilot knows what he's doing. If you get low and slow down on the deck your pretty hard to hit

Well, I wouldn't say that there isn't a use for all helos.

There is a use for attack helos for the CAS mission and even in Armed Recon. The problem being is that the only helicopter mod that flies like a helicopter is Marcello's Mil-8. But it's FM is way complex and I haven't heard of anyone replicating it for a dedicated AH.

Also, most of the Allied airfields are located far from the FEBA so using Alt-N is almost a must when flying any helicopter.

-Storm

Yeah.. but the lack of a proper FM.. makes them useless IMHO. I know some have gotten somewhere, I haven't seen anything to make it worthwhile to download it.

There is a use for attack helos for the CAS mission and even in Armed Recon. The problem being is that the only helicopter mod that flies like a helicopter is Marcello's Mil-8. But it's FM is way complex and I haven't heard of anyone replicating it for a dedicated AH.

Also, most of the Allied airfields are located far from the FEBA so using Alt-N is almost a must when flying any helicopter.

-Storm

I have some foward operating bases very close to the action in a couple of custom campaings that I made

Only if the enemy pilot knows what he's doing. If you get low and slow down on the deck your pretty hard to hit

And a helo with 4 stingers is not a really easy prey

-Storm

Theres a mod in another site that makes them fly a lot better

even with the FM avalible I would love to fly an s-67, If I had the know how and the time I would make one in a heart beat