Sign in to follow this  
Muesli

Not too active for a while.

Hi guys,

Although I was just getting the hang of the modding thing for the TW series,

maybe some of you already noticed my presence here is a bit meager.

Fact is there has been a positive change in my life which affects my everyday life.

Some of you know of my past, being a disabled veteran and so on, and the struggle

I am going through. The Netherlands society is very narrow minded when it comes

to "my kind", unfortunately. Well anyway, despite the disaster of a failed reintegration

in the working class, last November a befriended officer of the NLDA/KMA

(which is the Dutch Royal Military Academy) has succesfully tried to give me

a working space in the military library at the Academy. Because of my "handicap"

I work there 3 days a week, which is as close to fulltime as I can get.

You can all understand my happiness, being given a chance to work again after almost

five years. My handicap though makes me feel completely wasted and without energy after

those three days, so my modding skills will not be used until I get used to the

working rhythm again.

Last, I want to thank ALL OF YOU for being the great community that we all are,

thanks all for all the effort in the modding of the best sims, thanks all for all the

"s**t and giggles" which makes me crack up every time I come here.

As a "young veteran", I salute you all and I am happy to be a part of this,

hopefully I can find the time and energy to be productive once more.

Cheers amigos!

Muesli

Glad things are going well for you. Hope it continues that way.

That is good news muesli. I am very happy for you. We all are.

That's good to hear Muse! I used to love working in libraries, although, you'll have better reading material than my old one! Take care dude! :good:

Hope you get as much as you deserve from life. I knew a Marine

who lost his foot to a land mine in Bosnia, and after some

hard times, he is back at the Marine School here, as teacher, and happy as

a child on his birthday.

Hope you end up as well and surely, the Netherlands society is not such narrow minded as you think and

respects you.

We´ll try to contribute with the s**t and giggles, that´s our speciality :biggrin:

Edited by macelena

First off Museli Thank you For your Service, veterans and especially disabled veterans belong at the front of the employment line. We have idiots here in the united states who share the same self righteous, bigoted views as some of your countrymen... they feel threatened by the presence men who had bigger balls, who were willing to give up life and limb for what they believed in, men who actually have a spine, men who are still....men. Wishing you great success at your new job.

Sounds like a good gig. Take that place and pump it up. At uni I loved studying on the floor in library, between the big walls of books, just sitting on the floor nobody in sight. A BIG library. Just kilotonnes of books and shelving and very little floor. I hated the nice finished wooden tables and comfy looking but painful chairs. That's where you are supposed to study. WretchFest Maximus.

Icarus::

...they feel threatened by the presence men who had bigger balls, who were willing to give up life and limb for what they believed in, men who actually have a spine, men who are still....men.

The guys I've met with the biggest balls were retired military or combat vets who have learned enough to never let their kids anywhere near the military. They know what's going on and what's not being told. They seen it, they smell it.

I know how demoralizing it can be for someone who was formerly a very active member of society to be given a backseat with no way to contribute. I'm glad you've been able to find a place willing to let you contribute again. People NEED to have a purpose. For some it's not a job, but for many it is and they should be allowed to have them if they want them and can do them.

Congrats Muesli :good: Hope you'll be happy with the new Job. Thats a morale booster :biggrin:

good deal! hang in there and I know we are all cheering for you!

Great news my friend! Some of us 'Wounded Vets' here in the U.S. are still fighting a up hill battle to even survive now with the economy and all but Hey great news and blessings to you! :good:

Hi,

Thanks for all the support and friendship. The job isn't a lottery ticket, but it gets me going and gives me the

chance to create a foothold. Now, it is a NON-paid job, I still have my disability check. That's virtually no money

at all.... at least the Dutch Ministry of Defence offers me the chance to adjust to the "normal" routine again

and give me the feeling of appreciation and respect. Totally different than 15 years ago, when I was left all

by myself. I now try to make myself inexpendible the coming year, and I hope we then can negotiate some

kind of contract so that I can have a proper job with a more decent reward.

Cheers all, have a nice weekend. I'll drink one on you all!

Muesli

Non paid...I hope you can change that.

My fave job ever was tutoring for uni, but it was the lowest paying job ever (minimumnumnum wage). When I say pump the place up, I was thinking of when I was tutoring...I was the *best* and added alot of stuff that helped students. I helped some folks get past the NAVY exams (physics stuff mainly). Library Service (!) can potentially help alot of people....another thing....have you thought about tutoring some subject you know?

great news my friend! hope you'll get your work mojo going very soon :)