Sign in to follow this  
erafitti

WOI aircrafts and terrain in WOE

Hi all.

I am installing WOI aircrafts and terrain in WOE and I am being with some problems :blink: .

First.- The Israel delta planes (Mirages Kfir) do not fly correctly, somebody knows as this can be solved.

Second.- The WOI terrain has in WOE the land in white color, somebody knows as this can be corrected.

A greeting and many thanks.

Hi all.

I am installing WOI aircrafts and terrain in WOE and I am being with some problems :blink: .

First.- The Israel delta planes (Mirages Kfir) do not fly correctly, somebody knows as this can be solved.

Second.- The WOI terrain has in WOE the land in white color, somebody knows as this can be corrected.

A greeting and many thanks.

I'm gonna do just the opposite of what you are doing, put all the planes and terrain from WoE (and WoV and SFP1) into WoI. :blink:

Isn't it better to do it like that?

:dntknw:

the cat files arent the same.look up old threads theres something about a merged install...

good to know. i have a Woi and am plaing to get WoE. so how exatly do i go about this? i mean the merged install?

I am installing WOI aircrafts and terrain in WOE

Why?

Yes. By leaving them in WoI. If you want the IDF Mirage in WoE, I'd reccomend the Mirage Factory versions for WoE.

Sound like you're missing all the terrain tiles. Did you copy over the IsrealME.cat along with the the terrain folder? BTW, WoI uses some 'different' bits than SF/WoV/WoE. So you may run into "issues". Best to leave it where it lies.

There is no option for "merged installs" for (fill in the blank) _____ to WoI. You can, however, do a "manual megre"; move the SF/WoV/WoE terrains INTO the WoI /Terrain folder and have them work quite nicely (case in point: Geprad's Isreal2 & my rebuild -- uses one of the Original 3 Terrain Cats ™ and works fine in WoI.

caveat: as long as EVERYTHING is patched to the most current level

Wrench

kevin stein

That's what I did to get the VietnamSEA terrain, I installed WOV, then patched it to Oct08, then I just copied over the VietnamSEA terrain, mit .cat file, and it works like a charm.

Both titles must be patched to the same level, in order to allow for interchangability. That means that you must install the October 2008 updates for both titles, as WoI was released a full two years after WoE, and introduced a new flight engine (among other things).