They #were# working on a patch, but most of the community now knows that it will never materialise.

Reference: http://www.thirdwire.com/projects/p1/rt_patch.htm

This is MAY 2003. 7 months ago they said patch testing was happening. Still nothing, not even ONE post from the developer updating us on the situation in the meantime. What does that tell you? NO PATCH.

Better move on to LOMAC and better things.

Yes, there will be a patch. No date on a release, but there will be one.

EOS.

Navychief

Patch 2 is still in the works and will be released when it's done. Anything else you hear is just a rumor.

dan

C'mon, honestly. HOW LONG does a patch take to make. This is not making an entire new game, simply fixing some broken things, more than 7 months?????. This is not a flame, just my outrage at something totally ridiculous. In this business there is not an infinite amount of time avialable. What a joke.

What a joke.

Hey pal....when you do ALL of the coding for a large scale patch (which by the way there has been updates at least since september, the update about the new planes pehaps) you really have pretty slow going. So I think it's in very poor taste to dis someone who has worked as hard as TK has to give us a wonderful sim. I'm not complaing, and neither should you.

Edited by CowboyTodd41

Yes theres a patch being worked on..yes it does fix alot of things,and yes theres problems with lomac also.I can tell you first hand the patch is being worked on,and theres a bunch of fixes in it.the MP is the main hold up...trying to get it so MP is stable and fun.

Even without the new patch this is the most fun I have ever had with a flight sim. I remember when Jet was state of the art and even though there are bugs deal with it. It could be worse, you could have have something that is totaly useless.I have alot of respect for the developers and modders of this game, they can do things with a computer that I'll never be able to do.

You people just don't get it. I'm complaining simply because the game does not do what it advertised, being a multiplayer capable game...LOMAC may have some small problems, but everything does work, unlike SF.

You people just don't get it. I'm complaining simply because the game does not do what it advertised, being a multiplayer capable game...LOMAC may have some small problems, but everything does work, unlike SF.

BP, you have the right to your opinion on Project-1, and so does everyone else. But I would ask that you not act like you are the only one that is enlightened on the facts, and everyone else are clueless idiots.

I don't mind the pro-con discussions over SF (or any other sim for that matter), and I actually agree with a lot of your points. I personally have not touched SF in over 6 months. On the other hand, I know for a fact there is a patch being seriously worked on. Why has it taken this long? Only TK knows for sure.

My only comment would be this. About every month you come to the forum and post some condescending or inflammatory remark about the status of the patch. Since we are all more than aware of the current situation, your comments do nothing to make the situation any better, and just arouses the ire of the die-hard project-1 flyers. Not to mention all the modders that have put a huge amount of blood, sweat and tears into trying to make this game something better than it originally was.

It's been long enough that you should probably either let it go and move on for now (like I have) or play it regardless of the quirks until the patch is released and enjoy it. Anything else at this point is a waste of energy. :D

That being said, I am all for constructive discussion about problems with any sim.

I get it BP. I purchased the game specifically for the multiplayer. I wanted something to get into quickly for online dogfights. Based on that, you know I have not got much use out of P1. I recently read a post in another forum about the patch status. The author has a friend that is a beta tester. He said that no work has been done in the last 3 months on the patch. That may or may not be true. Although he seemed like an intelligent and informed poster.

I agree with MadJeff. I have moved on long ago. If the patch ever comes, it will be an unexpected surprise.

The posts that allude to Lock On having problems are irrelevant. We all know by now that most new software will require updates to fix post release problems. It was released less than a week ago. I picked up P1 in late August 2002, so what is the point? :lol:

Hi again,

I don't know what the 2nd Patch will include and how many MB's gonna be, but in the future I would really like to see a clickable cockpit, Throttle 70% upto 100%, better Flight Models, easy Mission and Campaign creation... and some other things.

But when I'm at the runway, I see outside the cockpit other planes without gears, armament and fuel tanks, inside the cockpit I see the opposite, armament and fuel tanks.

What's wrong???

Ahhhh, patience grasshopper....patience. I've been enjoying LOMAC for the last few days, but I have to say that LOMAC has givin me a fresh appreciation of just how good, and fun SF is! Honestly, the MP in LOMAC is BARELY better than SF as far as reliability. As far as ease of use, its downright cumbersome and involved. When the SF MP gets fixed, it will be a superior interface, and much more user friendly. The last few days playing online in LOMAC has been just as frustrating as SF, with about the same ratio of successful sessions per attempts as SF. All software has bugs. Its a fact of life! I try not to let little things like buggy sims raise my hackles too much. Life is too short for that! That is all. - Sledge

I can agree with you there. The Lock On MP interface is somewhat tricky until you get the hang of it. A lot of the problems I see at ubi.com is noobies jumping right in and trying to host or join games with no concept of how to do either. I have enjoyed many quality hours in MP at ubi.com when you have both a host that knows how to set-up a game and clients that know how to join. With poweruser capability there is some complexity involved. I like the fact you can create a MP mission on the fly.

Regarding SF:P1, I have not tried the MP since the last patch, and that has been close to a year. It's been so long that I can't recall exactly what discouraged me from it other than there being too many problems. :unsure:

How much did you pay for sfp1? $50, max? In the past I have found that kvetching added no lasting happiness to my life, not to mention gripers suck to work with. If a few or several hours have been spent spleening about a patch why not be productive, put in some OT, earn the money for lomac and call it a day.

i poaid 49.99 pluss 4.7 % tax,

i dont regret it either this is the best sim i've had since fighters anthology.