Sign in to follow this  
Uriah

Fantastic new terrains?

J Tuna posted this over at SIMHQ EAW

'new terrain for Sudetenland 1938 campaign for First eagles, with A-Team's Heinkel He-51A1 with my skin:'

along with a pick. What I was was supper. Would like to see more of these new terrains if any care to share.

It has been 8 months or more since I messed with FE. Dropped it because of no significant online community. Trying out OFF3 and like it very much so far but when I saw that bit of new terrain I thought that might compete well with OFF3.

• Like 1

J Tuna posted this over at SIMHQ EAW

'new terrain for Sudetenland 1938 campaign for First eagles, with A-Team's Heinkel He-51A1 with my skin:'

along with a pick. What I was was supper. Would like to see more of these new terrains if any care to share.

It has been 8 months or more since I messed with FE. Dropped it because of no significant online community. Trying out OFF3 and like it very much so far but when I saw that bit of new terrain I thought that might compete well with OFF3.

Link?

Hi!

Complete terrain for Sudetenland*38 campaign still is long way - ready it's Heightmap for northeast Bohemia and Silesia.

At present work on complete new tilesets with trees and buildings (for all season autumn/winter, winter, early spring, spring, summer, autumn). It is possible is use for Werdun, Cambrai, Flanders and Vogesen WW1 terain.

New terain based on Brian32 WOE tileset repaint. Summer terrain will a little similar to my new Forest and Trees modification for WOE Tiles_REPAINT_GermanyCE terain by Brian32 ( http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=7678 ).

Will more trees than in WOE, contrasty terain colours, more cultivated fields, new cities tilesets; villages, roads and river in style FE. New Solid objects buildings in CA_Stary style with transparency (shed, farm bulidings, city houses with arcade....). New Alpha objects - various trees, fences, telegraph pole, statuary, fountain, streetlight....

Is however necessary finish still much work..... :rolleyes:

Jan :wink:

Hi!

Experiment with my new Tilesets for First Eagles Werdun, Cambrai, Flanders and Vogesen WW1 terain. Environmentas always aren't still complete (will be more strain of trees). :blink:

post-36703-1243024217_thumb.jpg

post-36703-1243024241_thumb.jpg

post-36703-1243024256_thumb.jpg

post-36703-1243024270_thumb.jpg

Jan :biggrin:

Edited by Jan Tuma

Now THIS looks spectacular!!!

I like the look of textures a lot!

:blink:

been busy, haven't you Jan?

They are 1024x1024, aren't they?

They are 1024x1024, aren't they?

1024x1024 and 24-bit only for editing (3MB).

In game there're transform to 512x512 and 256 colours (257kb).

Jan :rolleyes:

Hey that looks really good! Nice work, Jan. :clapping:

Magnificent!...This looks like the terrain we've all been waiting for!

Please be quick planting those trees Jan! :yes:

Bucky

Just came here to see what terrain mod people like for FE and that looks like just what I need. The best I have seen so far.

Wow indeed! Actual furrows following terrain details. That must be taking you some time indeed, and AFAIK take all the time you need. :victory:

And thank you...

Edited by Venator

Hello Uriah

I have been following the work you folks are doing for the Sudetenland Mod for First Eagles, particularly the terrain tileset work. I done a little work trying to convert Edwards Flanders tiles to work with TK's Cambria and Verdun areas. It appears that all the terrain mods work off the same master set of tiles. The tile names seem to be in common with all areas for First Eagles: Verdun, Cambrai, Flanders and Vogesen WW1 terain. I assume that the Sudetenland tile set follows the same naming convention and all we need to do is drop the beautifully detailed, I assume photo realistic, new tiles directly into the terrain folders for each WWI area. So far Edward's Flanders terrain mod has been my inspiration. I am so looking forward to the day of publication when we can chuck out the drab featureless stock terrains for the gorgeous Sudetenland tiles.

OlPaint01

Some information about project Sudetenland (sorry only in Czech :blush: ):

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...40&start=40

First step to terrain Sudetenland will new terrain for First Eagles: Verdun, Cambrai, Flanders and Vogesen. Of course with seasons (early spring, spring, summer, autumn, winter).

I am added some new tilesets (mansion park, ponds, train tracks) and current tilesets from Cambrai (grass) am adde also to the Verdun, Flanders and Vogesen - will so change and revise also file *.tfd at of all maps.

All tilesets will in separate folder "seasons" and will on them cite in *.ini files in single terrains folders (wwiwerdun.ini, flanders.ini...) . In single original terrains will changed only *.ini (data, types...) and *.tdf files. :cool:

Tilesets will possible use to be sure also with original Terrains. :yes:

Jan (Honza) :rolleyes:

P.S. Please be patient, will that last still long time (July ?) - is that a still much work. :dntknw:

Take your time Jan (The Honza from Sandbagger EAW ?!), I'm very interested in this mod. Good, I can read Czech a little :smile:

Yes. :grin:

My EAW mods :blush: :

Jan Tuma´s EAW Webpages

Sandbagger´s EAW ww1 pages

Jan (Honza) :salute:

I remember how enjoying was it when I discovered Sandbaggers' EAW pages back in 2002, with all the mods... sweet times; at that time I had yearly break from studies and EAW was the only sim that ran on my prehistoric system.

(I even made my skin for Bf-109G6 but never uploaded it anywhere :smile: )

Hello Jan Tuma

Do you have a beta set of tiles that you have completed for the Sudentenland 1938 campaign you might be able to publish at this time so we could test overlay them onto the Cambria sector terrain in First Eagles? Late last year I attempted to apply Edwards Photo Realistic Flanders terrain set in the Cambria sector but found that many interfacing tiles are missing; IE, grassland to farm, or forest, or NML, or whatever. I started to edit various Cambria tiles to build the missing tiles by copy and paste method from portions of the Edwards tiles but I lost all my work when my hard drive crashed. I have not been inspired to recreate my lost work.

Jan Tuma, your work is stunning!!! I can not wait to get my hands on the First Eagles tiles and overlay them over TK's bland Seasonal tiles of repeating geometrical rectangular shaped fields and forests. I desire an interesting terrain to fly over. :good:

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Actually if you'll look at actual period aerial photos the farmlands are very "geometrical". The main difference is IRL the edges of some fields followed the lines of smaller roads, creeks, streams etc. Also, many farms of the day tended to be much more rectangular, less square. As there are limited numbers of tiles available repetition is unavoidable. I have always failed to see much difference in repetitive geometrical shapes (which IMO are more accurate) and repetitive "rounded" shapes which, IMHO, tend to look more like a jumbled mess than farmland. IMHO TK's rendition is much closer to the "real thing", in a general sense, than many retiles.

Hi!

For WW1 France terrain I am added more geometrical tile than for Sudetenland.

WW1 terrain will be ready in about 14 days (I hope ). :rolleyes:

post-36703-1248465582_thumb.jpg

post-36703-1248465603_thumb.jpg

Jan (Honza) :wink:

Looking very very good and fantastic :notworthy: :NotWorthy:

I think that this will be a real Masterpiece.

Take the time you need!! I can wait ;)

Grettings

Matthew