Sign in to follow this  
Anthony W.

Nightwish and Syphonic Metal

And, don't let this turn into a petty partisan Tarja v. Annette thread... That is if anyone here likes Nightwish.

Nice vid,

Thanks for the link. I only got to know Nightwish recently, only have one album - so far!

Ever hear any Candlemass? The early years with Messiah Marcolin, of course :yes:

I had Dreams of Creation (?) on tape cassette, must try and pick up the CD these days.

Edit: I looked it up, Ancient Dreams, then Tales of Creation. Great couple of albums. And who could forget "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus" - does what it says on the tin :moil: :smile:

Edited by Baltika

eh, i'm not real fan of Nightwish but i enjoyed the song

Our friend Falcon CAF should like this thead :D

Edited by Silverbolt

That was freaking Awesome!!! It's funny that here at a flight sim site I find a lot of people who share a taste for the same types of obscure progressive metal.

didn't connect to Nightwish... but i love metal

i usualy listen to Sonata Arctica or DragonForce

best metal.

Edited by Nesher

they're playing in my town at the end of march,I don't know if I'm going there cause Tarja is Tarja,and I don't like Annette!

huge syphonic/gothic/progressive metal fan here.

Sonata Arctica,Nightwish,After Forever,Lacuna Coil,Epica,Northern Kings,Charon,Sentenced,Within Temptation,Nemesea,Xandria.lots more.

Edited by whiteknight06604

Yep, Sonata Arctica is a big name with NW fans.

And yeah, NW isn't the same without Tarja, but eh, theres some good to it and some bad. For instance Annette's accent isn't so bad. I can understand the lyrics a bit better... But I used to love how my parents didn't know what the lyrics were on Planet Hell..

huge syphonic/gothic/progressive metal fan here.

Sonata Arctica,Nightwish,After Forever,Lacuna Coil,Epica,Northern Kings,Charon,Sentenced,Within Temptation,Nemesea,Xandria.lots more.

It is so very nice to read that I am not alone

Nightwish is an absolutely great band, with or without Tarja. The quality of their work is always very high. Personally my favorite songs are "Ghost Love Score" and "walking in the air"

But, EPICA They rule

Edited by Canadair

Well, i'm a big metal fan to!!!! But i like the hard stuff. like Black and death metal. i like the sound of screams and growls and such. But i like metallica a lot to. And i'm a HUGE fan of System of a Down. to bad they broke up:[ Serj Tankian has en magical voice:D

The only songs i like of Nightwish are Amaranth and The islander

Edited by ronan

Kamelot,AVANTASIA,Sirenia,Queensryche,dreamtheater,Therion,Pain,Hammerfall,Vanishing Point

some asskickin music

Edited by whiteknight06604

eh, i'm not real fan of Nightwish but i enjoyed the song

Our friend Falcon CAF should like this thead :D

You bet! I'm a late fan of the Tarja era but I really like Annette's voice. I got 2 cd's from them one's greatest hits of the Tarja era and Dark Passion Play. My fav songs from DPP is "Cadence of her Last Breath" and "Sahara". But all of the songs on DPP are pretty good IMHO.

I also like Within Temption and Launa Coil and Evanscence.

Falcon

I really like Nightwish. But I never thought I would because I don't like metal, but when I first really heard a song from Nightwish they got me and didn't let me off the hook again :smile:. But I still don't like ordinary metal

I guess all flightsims and nightwish enthusiasts know this one

Great choice of song too. Another NW goodie for a sim vid is "Kingslayer" IMHO

Falcon

For some reason i could never really immerse myself in this genre.

About as far as i could reasonably take symphonic elements is IX Equalibrium by Emperor. In the past few months i've been sorta dipping the toe into the water. Nightwish is a usual band to start with and i'm really a fan of good female vocals.

Any hints?

Edited by Lt. James Cater

For some reason i could never really immerse myself in this genre.

About as far as i could reasonably take symphonic elements is IX Equalibrium by Emperor. In the past few months i've been sorta dipping the toe into the water. Nightwish is a usual band to start with and i'm really a fan of good female vocals.

Any hints?

Well, you can try: Evanescence/within temptation/nightwish/sister sin that's all the bands i know with a female singer. :rolleyes: yeah i know 2 other bands with a female singer but thats death metal and they do not use ''clean'' vocals but they scream en growl. I like it. :biggrin: