Sign in to follow this  

Hello. Im just new to WoE and I just downloaded comprnt's Static WoE Stock Aircraft and I cant get them to show up.Is there a way to get them on the game?

Do you have WoE with the latest patch? If you do, any aircraft you add in game will usually show up as static as long as your settings allow it. You don't need comprnt's static pack anymore.

Ground Objects in Options should be selected on High.

moved to the proper place....

Wrench

kevin stein

as we´re talking here about static aircrafts,

there are some terrains (wrenchs), where are no static aircrafts.

is there a easy way to enable em?

Hi folks, thought I'd better add something to this thread.

My statics are non-flyable versions of the aircraft models available within the game, not new ground objects. After you've downloaded the pack - for WOE, WOV or SFP1/SFG - you'll need to do a little work to make them visible.

First, you need to copy in the skins that you want the statics to use to each static's folder in the Aircrafts folder.

Second, they won't appear in automatically generated single missions or campaigns. The only way you'll see them is if you specify them in your own authored single missions as AircraftMission entries, at locations on the airfield you decide. For example, whereas your authored mission may specify your aircraft as [AircraftMission001]=F-4M, on the airfield somewhere you would specify [AircraftMission002]=F-4M_static, and so on.

Incidentally, the automatically generated ones that do now come with the game - after the Oct 08 patch - are also derived from those aircraft found in the Aircraft folder, BUT you have very little control on what models appear or where on the airfield they are placed. So, it's "horses for courses".

For more details on how the statics I created are used, see this article in the KB: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=31586

And yet more details can be found here, relating to hangar starts and accompanying statics: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=31591

I hope you find this useful. If you have any further questions, then please get in touch.

Regards, comrpnt.