Sign in to follow this  
burner12

LOMAC defensive problems

When ever I play LOMAC I always have fun. Butthere is a big disadvantage and annoyance I'm having. That is that I believe I don't know very many defensive bfm missile manuevers. I will have an Su-33 at my 2 o clock low and a MIG-29 at my 8 o clock high and the mIG will fire at me so I break into the missile sometimes it hits me other times not. then I'm out of position for a kill on either of them but the SU-33 then fires and shoots me down. It annoys me that I can't evade missiles. I rarely play it on Immortal, but can anybody suggest anything out there for some help in beating this?

Edited by burner12

Are you using your chaff and flares? How soon do you wait before you try a defensive tactic? What is your airspeed? Do you use gravity to your advantage when conducting ACMs ? Are your afterburners blazing?

Are you using your chaff and flares? How soon do you wait before you try a defensive tactic? What is your airspeed? Do you use gravity to your advantage when conducting ACMs ? Are your afterburners blazing?

Once I see a missile come off the plane I then start turning. But I'm not turning by mind (as in know what I'm doing). I'm turning to try and evade the missile while popping out chaff and flares. And I am mainly in burner all the time.

If you have the alt use gravity to help the aircraft role and break get out of burner. release chaff and or flares before you turn. Example missle coming from your tail 6 o'clock wait as long as you can ,let off a bunch of flares chaff then break hard repeat until defeated. Watch your airspeed dont get below 350kts. Get out of burner. If your slow unload to mother earth get your airspeed up. Never maintain level flight in the AO for more than 10 seconds move around jink, the more you move your plane around the harder it is for them to lock on w/an IRM. BVM missle is diffrent the more you jink the more they see you.

If you have the alt use gravity to help the aircraft role and break get out of burner. release chaff and or flares before you turn. Example missle coming from your tail 6 o'clock wait as long as you can ,let off a bunch of flares chaff then break hard repeat until defeated. Watch your airspeed dont get below 350kts. Get out of burner. If your slow unload to mother earth get your airspeed up. Never maintain level flight in the AO for more than 10 seconds move around jink, the more you move your plane around the harder it is for them to lock on w/an IRM. BVM missle is diffrent the more you jink the more they see you.

When you sya rpeat do you mean releasse chaff/flares then break hard 90 to the right or left depending on where the missile is. Also the fights mainly take place at 12 or 2 o clock. So you're sayingget out of burner then break into or away from the missile and then if you are under 350 use God's G to pull your speed back up? ARe there any manuevers that can evade it ?

You are trying to fool the missle break into the missle make it turn for you, If you do it right you should be able to defeat them.

You are trying to fool the missle break into the missle make it turn for you, If you do it right you should be able to defeat them.

You know one thing I'm noticing is that I release the chaff/flares too early . When the enemy fires a missile i release them immediately, but the missile hasn't seen thewm yet. So I tried release right before they hit me and it WORKED! They flew right past me I guess cause they saw the flares. i was in about a 190 degree right turn downward away from the missile. It seems when i break into them they hit me but when it's away fom them they miss cause they see the chaff and flares. Does this eem to be a good type of tactic? Also who flies with the labels on is it better to or not to and not see your targets label and know where it is.

To be honest, I don't think I've evaded nearly as many with labels off as with them on. If they're IR it's pretty much the ONLY time I evade them. Labels off = you better kill them before they fire!

To be honest, I don't think I've evaded nearly as many with labels off as with them on. If they're IR it's pretty much the ONLY time I evade them. Labels off = you better kill them before they fire!

But do you think relaseing chaff. and flares right before impact is the wqay to do it along with turning away and not into?

Turning away is always going to get you killed. You NEVER put a missile on your six. You have to time the chaff and flares so they go out before the missile would hit, but not RIGHT before. It's more like 2 seconds before impact I think for best effect. You don't have to turn into them necessarily, such as doing a split S when they're at your 3 or 9, but the whole point is to make your plane change position faster than the missile can turn.

... but the whole point is to make your plane change position faster than the missile can turn.

VERY unlikely, as most fighters can do only a max sustained turn of about 9g, but missiles are designed to turn at 20+g

Rick

VERY unlikely, as most fighters can do only a max sustained turn of about 9g, but missiles are designed to turn at 20+g

Rick

What turns a tighter circle, a Mach 2 above launch speed missile pulling 20+G, or a fighter doing 400kts pulling 9G?