Sign in to follow this  
Acidrain

COD6: Modern Warfare 2 Out this Year

Awesome!

I don't think I could stand another WWII COD. What are they do now anyway? The early stages of the war? Wouldn't be very fun to keep retreating...

W000000000000000000000000t!

And EA Confirms the BF:1943 pacific!!!!!

Don't care about BF1943. It's not a BF42 sequel, it's just BF42-looking maps and units with updated graphics and super-dumbed down gameplay. :sad:

Yet another Modern day let's kick the Terrorists ass shooter?.....(yawn)

I wish they would show some imagination...we've seen it all before..

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

But another Modern, let's kick the Terrorists ass shooter?.....(yawn)

yeah, i still prefering one in middle of cold war but in the moment we got this....

Don't care about BF1943. It's not a BF42 sequel, it's just BF42-looking maps and units with updated graphics and super-dumbed down gameplay. :sad:

awn crap, you're right i knew i had played that before when i watched the video :blink:

Yet another Modern day let's kick the Terrorists ass shooter?.....(yawn)

I wish they would show some imagination...we've seen it all before..

Well yeah but it still beats the living hell out of re-capturing the freakin Stalingrad for the 15 896th time :biggrin:

...and super-dumbed down gameplay. :sad:

You know, that's it exactly! I know it sounds like I'm incredibly late to the party, but that's what's killed the EA-Battlefield experience for me and that phrase sums it up exactly. I enjoyed Battlefield 42 because it was all encompassing (Air/Sea/Land) and because of the AI/bot and co-op support, not to mention the wealth of Mods for it. Desert Combat and (in deference to you Widowmaker :tongue: ) BF 1914 kept my interest in it long past the used by date. BF2 was much more selective in its scope and, IMO, was much less satisfying. What happened to high sea destroyer duels or trying to board an enemy team's destroyer whilst trying to avoid getting your squad shot to hell?? :ok:

Now, the Call of Duty series had that beautifully crisp feel to it. I fired a gun and I felt like I have fired a gun. The SP experience was much more intense and the customization of weapons and kits has kept me in it for a long time. Now if the maps were larger and less run and gun, I think you'd have a great combination of the two!

Is there a release date yet?

it is something like 11.10.2009

Well yeah but it still beats the living hell out of re-capturing the freakin Stalingrad for the 15 896th time :biggrin:

Yeah...but only by a Knat's Testicle!

You know i wish that DICE would pump out games like Infinity does.

I'm actually kinda glad Infinity Ward got the CoD franchise back. CoD 5 was more of what I would expect from a Medal of Honor series of games. All the weapons textures seemed more toy-like than previous CoD games to me.

And yea, I'm REALLY glad that they went back to modern warfare, WW2 shooters arent few and far enough between anymore. And once you got the flamethrower on CoD 5, there was pretty much no point in playing anymore, because it would own pretty much anything on the map.

I'm actually kinda glad Infinity Ward got the CoD franchise back. CoD 5 was more of what I would expect from a Medal of Honor series of games. All the weapons textures seemed more toy-like than previous CoD games to me.

And yea, I'm REALLY glad that they went back to modern warfare, WW2 shooters arent few and far enough between anymore. And once you got the flamethrower on CoD 5, there was pretty much no point in playing anymore, because it would own pretty much anything on the map.

I get so burned out on the WWII or WWI theatre of war, though it is each there own! I really like Infinity, in part that ive never had problems unlike that of BF series. Go figure!