Hi everyone,

I'm changing jobs (and countries) soon, so I decided to get one last release before moving... (All my other WIPs will be released in, mmm, two weeks :tongue:)

I tried to filter out what I can finish in the time I have left, and a Bomarc SAM, along with a simplified erector-launcher, should be feasible.

Bomarc_untextured.png

Is there some interest in this?

Yep bring it on, we need more "blue" SAMS to be shot with

while flying "Red"!

I always loved that missile.If you bring it to the game it will get lots of use.Good luck with the move too.

I watched "Cities of the Underground" today on the History Channel and they were doing a show on San Francisco. One portion highlighted the former Nike-Hercules Nuc SAM sites that were all over the Bay Area. The CGI Nike site they had was pretty sweet.

I look forward to seeing your Bomarc done.

-S

Ya this era is really interesting, sci-fi almost. Something new for me: Lockheed Kingfisher; a kinda Super Bomarc ramjet sorta....

:

:

However, the performance of the Kingfisher proved to be a bit too high for the interceptor missiles, and relatively few hits were scored. This was somewhat embarrassing to the military and the manufacturers of the SAMs, and therefore political pressure played a role when the Kingfisher flight program was cancelled in the mid-1960s.

~> http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-60.html

Military aviation development stopped dead, full stop, about that time, as in the other major aviation nations (USSR, Britt, etc...)

WOW! That looks great.

Were the Bomarc sites single or in groups in conjunction with a radar globe?

Thanks for the update.

-S

EDIT--- Is the shed enclosure animated to open and close also?

Edited by ST0RM

WOW! That looks great.

Were the Bomarc sites single or in groups in conjunction with a radar globe?

Thanks for the update.

-S

EDIT--- Is the shed enclosure animated to open and close also?

I can't get blue sites to work in my setup, therefore this is a single object (declared as MOBILE_AAA). In reality, the missiles were directed by SAGE: this massively interconnected (for the time) network of computers, radars and SAM sites.

As for the animation, I do know how to create animations for weapons, but no idea on how to do that for ground objects... Anyone who can give me an explanation on how to do this?

No worries on the animation. I love it as is. Was just curious if you had figured out something new.

Looking forward to it.

-S