Sign in to follow this  
MAICO

Black Out Screen

Having a strange problem lately. I have been a TK fan for years and I buy everything the man makes. Lately I have built a new PC and I put IL2 and LOMAC on. They run fine as does Black Shark, TvsT and Silent Hunter IV. I am now trying to get back to FE. I tried to install FE on my machine and it would not run. I then bought FE Gold and I still have the same problem. So i then tried to install WOI and now I realize I really have a problem. When i install any of TK's games, I get a black screen and I cant see the game. I hear the music in the background but cant play the game. I have done several installs, reboots ect. I am really at a loss and would be really greatfull for any help. I run WinXP Pro with the latest updates including the latest Direct X 9c. My PC is a 3Gig Dual Proc with 2 8800 Ultra. I have 4 gigs of DDR3. I had run FE,WOI and WOV before. I dont get why now it does not run.

Any help or advice would be apreciated.

Having a strange problem lately. I have been a TK fan for years and I buy everything the man makes. Lately I have built a new PC and I put IL2 and LOMAC on. They run fine as does Black Shark, TvsT and Silent Hunter IV. I am now trying to get back to FE. I tried to install FE on my machine and it would not run. I then bought FE Gold and I still have the same problem. So i then tried to install WOI and now I realize I really have a problem. When i install any of TK's games, I get a black screen and I cant see the game. I hear the music in the background but cant play the game. I have done several installs, reboots ect. I am really at a loss and would be really greatfull for any help. I run WinXP Pro with the latest updates including the latest Direct X 9c. My PC is a 3Gig Dual Proc with 2 8800 Ultra. I have 4 gigs of DDR3. I had run FE,WOI and WOV before. I dont get why now it does not run.

Any help or advice would be apreciated.

Help :tumbleweed:

ya know, this is just a gut feeling, but I would look into the posibilities of the dual processors being the culprit.

You mean dual graphic cards, right ?

It is unlikely that TW games have a specific path in nVidia's drivers, so you might have to choose one that's actually compatible with the games.

I cant play FE or WoV. I am sure the rest of TK's games will not play either. This is not good. My Proc is a Intel Core 2 Duo 8600 3.33

The prime suspect is still probably the SLI set up. Have you tried just using one vid card?