Sign in to follow this  
Guest ansons2

Norway v1.2 for SFP1

Guest ansons2

Norway v1.2 for SFP1

:good: Hello everyone !

Here is an updated version of my fictionous Norway Terrain. Lot of Trees added ! I hope you will like it !

Readme :

Norway terrain for SFP1 by S.Ansons

v1.2 February 15th, 2009

1.2 Release : Add Trees to the Map and new tiles : bergwaldlake.tga (small lake in the middle of a forest),

cowfield.bmp (to have some cows on a farm tile), use high res. waternormal.bmp. Small target's misplacement have been fixed too.

Credits : Thanks for CA_STARY, Jan TUMA, The Wrench, Polak, TK and CA Community for the new trees, HighRes waternormal.bmp and the game !

Norway_data.ini has been updated to have no shimmering water and to allow all trees to be rendered once in game.

Have fun !

S.Ansons

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/14/2009
  • Category

Very cool.

Maybe take some Typhoons up for a flashback to EF2000, eh?

Many thanks!

Hi Ansons,

Like it very much and thanks a lot !!!!. Been in Norway last summer and some parts of your reworked terrain do remind me of places like Hallingdal and Hemsedal ......

The trees do wonders for the atmosphere of the whole thing !! And what I like very much is that airbases are situated in wooded areas with lots of trees on the base itself, something we see very often on W. European airfields.

Great target areas too with lots of juicy tanks and trucks

Hou doe,

Derk :good:

Edited by Kirsten

Guest ansons2
Hi Ansons,

Like it very much and thanks a lot !!!!. Been in Norway last summer and some parts of your reworked terrain do remind me of places like Hallingdal and Hemsedal ......

The trees do wonders for the atmosphere of the whole thing !! And what I like very much is that airbases are situated in wooded areas with lots of trees on the base itself, something we see very often on W. European airfields.

Great target areas too with lots of juicy tanks and trucks

Some trees on the runway and taxiways maybe but so what , and (whine, whine, whine) i.m.o. no mosques in Norway ........ :blush2:

Hou doe,

Derk :good:

Hi Kirsten,

Thanks for your comments. about the mosquees , I was a bit lazy to remove them manually and renumber all targets.

I think the easy way to remove them is to edit Norway_targets.ini with Notepad, do CTRL-H , replace Mosquee by any other target name and that's it. I will do that on my side.

Next task for me is to add trees with snow to the SnowyNorway Map...

Have fun

S.Ansons

Thanks for the tip Ansons, looking forward for the snow and tree variant !!

Salaam,

Derk :smile:

Been there, done that!!!

Easiest, and simplist way is as he said... do a find/replace for the Mosque, and use oildrum1. It's very small, and not noticable.

(i've used it a few time when I didn't want to renumber a 300+ (meaning 900 lines) target area

EDIT: or use the chuch in the GermanyCE.cat. You'll have to check the GermanyCE_Types.ini for the correct name.

Wrench

kevin stein

Norwegian towns just got theirselves a number of very nice oildrums....... :nono:

Thanks for the tips,

Hou doe,

Derk :victory:

Guest ansons2
Norwegian towns just got theirselves a number of very nice oildrums....... :nono:

Thanks for the tips,

Hou doe,

Derk :victory:

:yes: Hi Kirsten,

After looking into the Norway folder, I found a church ! There is 2 the files church.lod and church.bmp.

To get it in game you will have to :

1) Add this to the Norway_types.ini

[TargetTypexxx] => renumber the xxx

Name=Church

DetailLevel=1

FullName=Church

ModelName=Church.LOD

TargetType=CITY_BUILDING

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=0

UseGroundObject=FALSE

DamagePoint=1000.0

ArmorValue=30000.0

ArmorType=0

RepairRate=0

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0

MaxVisibleDist=8000.0

ZBufferOffset=0.000000

FlatObject=FALSE

DamagedModel=

DestroyedEffect=

DestroyedModel=

SecondaryChance=0

and replace mosque1 and/or mosque2 in the Norway_targets.ini by church using the Ctrl-H trick.

I did that and I found that this Church is a nice one ! It gives a more christian look to the Norwegian Towns !

Regards

S.Ansons

AMEN Ansons, lots of oil drums replaced by churches....... :angel: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took a while to find the church lod + bmp though. Found it in Battle of Britain terrain in the end, looking quite decent and maybe even of Viking ancestry....

Thanks a lot,

Hou doe,

Derk :smile:

Hi Ansons,

In the light of some posting going on elsewhere about nitpicking an whining, I hereby apologize fot bothering you about such a minor point as mosques,

Sorry !!

Derk