Sign in to follow this  
gdogtx

multiplayer connection help

every time i try to connect to multiplayer servers of any kind,

the connection loads and subsequently times out

i have my connection speeds set at reasonable rates and have the latest patches

i also followed the instructions regarding opening of ports and whatnot

any ideas on how to ease this problem, because as of yet, i have not experienced the glory of multiplayer allied force

every time i try to connect to multiplayer servers of any kind,

the connection loads and subsequently times out

i have my connection speeds set at reasonable rates and have the latest patches

i also followed the instructions regarding opening of ports and whatnot

any ideas on how to ease this problem, because as of yet, i have not experienced the glory of multiplayer allied force

On my router I could never to get this game to work with Port Forwarding, I had to put my PC in a DMZ to get it to work.

On my router I could never to get this game to work with Port Forwarding, I had to put my PC in a DMZ to get it to work.

I have the same problem. DMZ?

Hi, Well putting your PC in a DMZ is Somewhat Dangerous and NOT reccomended. If you would like to get your Ports Forwarded I can help Both of you..

I need to know some Info about your Network like are you on DSL?? If so What is the make & Model of your Modem?? Do you have a seperate Router if so what is the Make & Model of that..

Also more than likely you will need to setup a static IP (if your Router needs it to be) and when you pick a Static IP it needs to be Outside the range of the routers DHCP Start & End IP.

Port Forward is Possible in most any router it is just getting it setup Properly is the key ;)

you can find a Guide on How to Setup Port forwarding at PortForward.com Which I am an Admin. but if you like I can help you here or there.. http://www.portforward.com

If you post at PF.com let me know you are from Combat ace, If you can Post a link to your Thread..

I'm pretty sure i already forwarded the necesary ports for F4AF

which ones are they, just in case i got a bad walkthrough earlier

I'm pretty sure i already forwarded the necesary ports for F4AF

which ones are they, just in case i got a bad walkthrough earlier

They are 2934 & 2935 TCP & UDP

If you answer my Questions I stated in the above post I will better be able to help you they're may be more going on with your Network than the average user is aware ;)

Just answer this Are you on ADSL if So what is the make & Model of your Modem??