Sign in to follow this  
zzzspace

Ubi's General Lomac Forum Is Rogered!

I tried to post this to the UBI forum; but it is in such a state of dysfunction that I could not even get it to post; so I'm posting it here so that perhaps some one might answer it, because UBI LOMAC forum is effectively inopperable.

Here is the post's text:

--

The entirely predictable is of course occurring: i.e.

"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e31'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

/messages/message_view-topic.asp, line 121"

This UBI LOMAC forum has become practically unusable! It is sssooooo sssssslllllloooooooooowwwwwww!! ... it continually gives errors, regularly stalls entirely, and even when you persist with all this, and make a reply to a post, it then generates a whole new level of frustrating error messages, which effectively prevents you from posting to it! (other people I communicate with are reporting the same thing)

It has been getting worse each day, to the point where for me, it is practically UNUSABLE--and I'm pretty persistent--even for simply loading and reading content.

There were plenty of indications that this would occur as soon as LOMAC was released, and yet the much needed upcoming UBI LOMAC forum upgrade was left until it was FAR to late! A few people, more than six weeks ago (including myself), posted that this was almost surely going to happen unless the forum was overhauled.

I'm now forced to rely on other LOMAC related general forums (such as BioHaz etc.) for important LOMAC related information, because the UBI general forum is effectively completely buggered for practical usage; which should not be the case!

I use the UBI forums as my primary source for gathering important information with which to help sort out various issues for our m/p squads and members, but all of the constant errors and unbearable slowness (if it works at all) means it is no longer practical to use for that purpose.

So my question is; how long is left until the forum software is replaced?

P.S. And yes, I had major trouble getting this one posted as well … this is post attempt #23 ... I wonder if this one will work??? ... eventually it might ... i.e.

"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e31'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

/messages/Includes/display_common_ubi.asp, line 1506"

----

I eventually gave up after failed posting attempt #24 ...

Edited by zzzspace

Our forum works great, perhaps we should get everyone over here. I wouldn't mind... :P

Our forum works great, perhaps we should get everyone over here. I wouldn't mind... :P

That would be fine by me ... lol .. this is a great site, pity is is a bit on the quiet side at the moment, but that will change soon enough.

Pretty friendly and a little (lot?) more mature over zzzspace :)

Happy posting!