Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

First in-game shots of a new terrain...

...and don't ask when it'll be ready. It's got a reaaaaalllly long journey ahead of it before it's even close to Prime Time release. Amongst all the other myriads of things I'm doing.....

The viewpoint is essentially the same, being fixed on the same aircraft. Looking n/e-ish and s/w-ish

Wrench

kevin stein

much further west, and MUCH further south

think of Longitude 79 W, Latitude 9 N

Wrench

kevin stein

yaaarp. :haha:

the area just above the tail in the 2nd shot is approx Calabra/Guilard Cut region. Still haven't figured out quite how to get a smoother terrain along the canal (lots of bumps and lumps just inside from Gatun Lake) Probably have to paint in a 'canyon' region on the height bmp, and reinitalize the HFD.

The locks are going to be problematical...meaning, there ain't no 3d item that can represent them.

Mediane (sp?), Cartenga Colombia are workable, so you should be able to fly drug-interdiction mission (or do the right thing and napalm the plantations...) I'm hoping it stretches as far as Managua, and some points north.

Still a VERY long way from daylight

wrench

kevin stein

Thought it was Curacao with a really big golfcourse in the foreground....... :blush2:

Aju,

Derk :blind:

Hmmmm...don't give me ideas...

"Strike a stragetic target in Curacao. Destroy the enemy Golf Course Clubhouse" :rofl:

Well, it IS better than the Hot Dog Stand....

Wrench

kevin stein

Mediane (sp?), Cartenga Colombia are workable, so you should be able to fly drug-interdiction mission (or do the right thing and napalm the plantations...) I'm hoping it stretches as far as Managua, and some points north.

Looks like Operation Reciprocity might be a go.

A couple of questions:

For the canal locks, could the jetties from EAWEurope act as stand ins?

I don't suppose the map stretches up to Belize does it? I've quite fancied trying a British/Guatamalan fight like in this novel:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0.../authordatabase

yaaarp. :haha:

the area just above the tail in the 2nd shot is approx Calabra/Guilard Cut region. Still haven't figured out quite how to get a smoother terrain along the canal (lots of bumps and lumps just inside from Gatun Lake) Probably have to paint in a 'canyon' region on the height bmp, and reinitalize the HFD.

The locks are going to be problematical...meaning, there ain't no 3d item that can represent them.

Still a VERY long way from daylight

wrench

kevin stein

Having grown up in the Panama Canal Zone, there are lots of "bumps & lumps" in the Calabra/Guilard Cut region. Most people do not realize that the mountain chain that starts in the Rocky's and ends in the Andies, runs through Panama. Now the mountains are obiously not that tall, but they are still substantial "hills", and this includes all the hills and islands in Gatun Lake too. The toughest part of digging the Panama Canal was through the Culabra/Guilard Cut because of the hills and they still today have to keep dredging because of the occasional mudslides from the hills around the Culabra/Guilard Cut.

Please ensure an empty field outside of the defense ministry is an assignable target, you know, for the ultimate realism. :biggrin:

Hmmmm...don't give me ideas...

"Strike a stragetic target in Curacao. Destroy the enemy Golf Course Clubhouse" :rofl:

AFTER the nineteenth hole please ....... :haha:

Hou doe,

Derk :blink:

Err... could we not be based at Curacao? It's an excellent run ashore, there's Mambo Beach, a range of fine bars in the town itself and an array of fine looking women. And no I've never been to Camp Allegro so I have no idea what you're talking about.

So, Panama Red, you volenteering to beta, when it's in a "ready-ish" state??? :wink:

Nothing like input from "people on the ground", as they say..

Whilst fidding with airfield locations, it seems that it's a LOT larger than I'd originally aticipated (given, of course, the usual scaling issues with ground items; Nicaragua is coverd to the El Salvadoran border, and about 85% of Honduras is present (sorry, no Belize - I used to work with guy from there yeeeeaars ago)

may be possible to similate some of the Bananna Wars, too....we'll just need skins for mustangs and corsairs

Wrench

kevin stein

Wrench:

Your wish is my command!!! Just let me know when you want me to review it and I will gladly help. :good:

Panama Red