Sign in to follow this  
Piecemeal

Can Anyone Tell Me What's Missing?

post-29988-1234745835_thumb.jpg

The title of my subject speaks for itself, I'm sure you'll agree. This is a screenshot on the SFG 'Desert' terrain. I can't remember which kind of airfield it is exactly (DesertAirfield1,2,3, etc). I'm no stranger to editing terrains, but this has REALLY got me scratching my head. If it was something in the Desert.CAT it should be there, because (obviously) the Desert.CAT is in the 'Desert' folder.... :dntknw:

Suggestions, anyone?

The LOD for the runway is what you are looking for.

Figure out which airfield it is calling for, then figure the LOD, then look for it in the Desert CAT.

FC

The LOD for the runway is what you are looking for.

Figure out which airfield it is calling for, then figure the LOD, then look for it in the Desert CAT.

FC

Bear with me one moment, bud. I've discovered that it's the 'DESERT_AIRFIELD3' type airfield, which I'm presuming is the 'Airfield 3' lod files. I've double checked the terrain folder and cross checked it with the contents of the Desert.CAT file. All the files are where they should be, just no runway. WTF?!!!!

yes, that's a runway 3 (small)

airfield3.lod (+ 2 more??? IIRC)

Wrench

kevin stein

Got it. The three (or one of the) AIRFIELD3_LOD files must have been corrupted in some fashion. I extracted the stock ones from the Desert.CAT file and replaced the ones in the Desert folder. Problem solved.

Thanks for your help lads :good: