there are a new one in workz

too bad we can't touch it

Edited by Silverbolt

Wow fifety views and no one.........?

How about if I was to ask if anyone knows how to import the hud information from one aircraft to another? I like the hud presentation on my column5 F-18 Hornet, can I use that hud in this F-16 ? and if so .....how? :wink:

i'm not the really best person to talk about it(because when i did i just could saw a giant blank square insted of the HUD....

take the avionics file from TMF's F-16, than ctrl+F search for HUD , copy and paste the data into your F-16 avionics.ini

Sorry for a view but no info but this is way beyond my knowledge. I think you would have been a bit ticked off if i suggested that you make the best of what you got. :biggrin:

That cockpit was never finished (as you can planely see)

If you have WoI, you can easily import all the stuff from the Netz into SF/WoE/WoV (I should know, I've already done it)

Or, like you said, try TMF's Viper pits.

and instead of doing things the hard way (ie: copy/paste in bits), why not use the ENTIRE, already done and ready-to-go avionics ini from said aircraft???

You all make things WAAAY to hard for yourselves! :biggrin: If you need step-by-step instrucitons, ask

Wrench

kevin stein

So I picked up this F16d http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=1450 it's pretty nice, however the hud seems to have a bit of an issue

post-39468-1234803989_thumb.jpg

these big grey blobs in the hud. Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it.

The only thing I did on that aircraft was the skin, not the HUD (I think this was actually my first mod). Just like everybody else had said, you can easily use another viper pit to replace this one (I would actually since this one was never finished). What you do is go into another F-16 folder that has a pit that you like. Copy the cockpit.ini, the avionics.ini, and the cockpit folder. Then paste them into the F-16D folder. Now there are two ways you can go from here. The first one (and probably the easiest) is opening up the F-16D.ini file, change the entries for the CockpitDataFile and AvionicsDataFile to match those of the files that you copied and pasted. The second way that you can do this is change the file name of the files that you had copied and pasted to match the ones listed in the F-16D.ini file for CockpitDataFile and AvionicsDataFile.

If you have any further questions regarding this, you can PM me. Hoped this helped.

there are a new one in workz

too bad we can't touch it

Please....tell me more?

The only thing I did on that aircraft was the skin, not the HUD (I think this was actually my first mod). Just like everybody else had said, you can easily use another viper pit to replace this one (I would actually since this one was never finished). What you do is go into another F-16 folder that has a pit that you like. Copy the cockpit.ini, the avionics.ini, and the cockpit folder. Then paste them into the F-16D folder. Now there are two ways you can go from here. The first one (and probably the easiest) is opening up the F-16D.ini file, change the entries for the CockpitDataFile and AvionicsDataFile to match those of the files that you copied and pasted. The second way that you can do this is change the file name of the files that you had copied and pasted to match the ones listed in the F-16D.ini file for CockpitDataFile and AvionicsDataFile.

I have yet to see another viper cockpit that looked more like the real thing

i just know this pit is being rebuild by TMF the ETA is probably 2 weeks

Edited by Silverbolt

Cockpits are a lot more involved and frustrating to build than aircarft. Plus, TMF probably has a lot of other projects that are in the works that are higher up the ladder of priority than the viper pit. So don't expect anything soon.

Please....tell me more?

I have yet to see another viper cockpit that looked more like the real thing

The pit in that photo is in the F-16E and F Block 60s only - in the TW series we only have completed F-16A early block pits - one from Mirage Factory - the other from Thirdwire that comes with WOI

quote name='MigBuster' date='Feb 16 2009, 01:52 PM' post='247914']

The pit in that photo is in the F-16E and F Block 60s only - in the TW series we only have completed F-16A early block pits - one from Mirage Factory - the other from Thirdwire that comes with WOI

I'm really not that versed on all the specific models and what features they have in the cockpit, I do have the the mirage factory model with it's pit that looks similar to this one

I like the look or the D model cockpit in my original picture, but I just cant live with the hud.

quote name='MigBuster' date='Feb 16 2009, 01:52 PM' post='247914']

I'm really not that versed on all the specific models and what features they have in the cockpit, I do have the the mirage factory model with it's pit that looks similar to this one

I like the look or the D model cockpit in my original picture, but I just cant live with the hud.

the pit you have with the dodgy hud is the correct layout for the F-16C and D models - just needs a new HUD putting on it and completing

Try downloading some of the C models and see if any come with a better HUD for now

I've been trying to modify the HUD of the Block-10 cockpit that comes with Miragefactory's F-16:s. I've elevated the Gun 2 degrees above the waterline, so that it coincides with the gun cross, but the LCOS sight won't follow the new aiming point. A/G gun sight, however, does.

I've edited the following:

F-16A_Blk10-NDC_Data.ini

[internalGun]

AimAngles=0.0,2.00,0.0 (Originally: AimAngles=0.0,-0.50,0.0)

This raised the gun fire to coincide with the gun cross

F-16A_Blk10-NDC_AVIONICS.ini

[HUD]

GunBoresightAngle=2.00 (Originally: GunBoresightAngle=-0.50)

This raised the A/G gunsight to the new position, but LCOS still aims at the old position.

I forced the ol' F-16C pit into a perfectly functioning avionics70 pit - not that hard people ;-)

I forced the ol' F-16C pit into a perfectly functioning avionics70 pit - not that hard people ;-)

Brain32, you've got attention......please explain