Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Which Do You Prefer?

Come on it's like Rambler said it don't get ANY better than TRYING to get into Hanoi loaded with Bombs during 1972! :blink:

Come on it's like Rambler said it don't get ANY better than TRYING to get into Hanoi loaded with Bombs during 1972! :blink:

Agreed there. But the same can be said for going after a Mig-17 in an F-4B in 1972. Exciting. Too close for missiles, going to guns...oh wait, I don't have a #$^%*#@ GUN!

Agreed there. But the same can be said for going after a Mig-17 in an F-4B in 1972. Exciting. Too close for missiles, going to guns...oh wait, I don't have a #$^%*#@ GUN!

Time to play bumper jets! I actually managed to bump their wing off without taking much damage myself. Did it in a moment of minor frustration, and uh suicidalness. Worked out better than I had hoped so I went with that.

Not done it in a TW sim yet, but I've received several "Fox Four" kills in Il-2 that way...sliced off their tail with my prop, and lived to tell about it! Anyone can collide, but to LIVE to fight another day...

Of course, in First Eagles I've had more collisions than I can count, only some of which leave me flyable, but it's never intentional!

I like Mud Moving. Super Hornet made it fun, but the B-1 will make it more fun. Dogfighting is fun, but Charlie and Ivan always use the same tactics on me.

I once flew through a flight of F-4Cs in a MiG-21PF. Literally, through them. I took out two in the collision, lost both my wings, ejected. Then I went to personally see Ho Chi Mihn.

Well...

On a personal level, I pefer knife fighting... though, I'd love to move mud... problem is I usually just move the mud around the things I'm supposed to be hitting.

... I'm kind of like an "extreme landscaper" :blush2:

However, if you look at the stable of planes I've made recently... You'd think I either like flying from point A to point B with my butt-cheeks on fire, or I like flying around in a hover doing recon with a big red bulls-eye on my arse...

Edited by Zurawski

Mud moving, then anti-air... i like the Hornet for this cos i can bomb the beejesus out of something and then attack enemy air....

BTW Zur...

Are you still working on your Hammerhead?

Mud moving, then anti-air... i like the Hornet for this cos i can bomb the beejesus out of something and then attack enemy air....

BTW Zur...

Are you still working on your Hammerhead?

Well... yes & no.

I'm currently working on a few personal obligations (read: stuff for other projects), however I've had a few set-backs happen to me by upgrading unwittingly to Vista... Now that I have that sorted, I've had bouts of "lazy-arse" since... my bad.

Will the Hammer see the light of day?... Yes. Before I loose my sight due to old age?... maybe.

Edited by Zurawski

I love coming in at tree-top level in an A-7, popping up, unleashing a shrike or two, dropping six or twelve Mk82s, and then heading back for the grass hoping no one is one my tail.

For me it depends on the day, but mostly A/A wins!

For me, it depends on my mood. Some days, all I want to do is burn holes in the sky and have a good knife fight. Then on others, I'll get this desire to "go blow something up"... Ironhand is usually my "blow-up-of-choice", cus there's nuthin' as much fun as killing something out to kill you... but then again, there is something to be said about driving a Buff, Vulcan, Victor or Valiant and turning an entire continent into farmland... Only problem with those monsters is it makes Carquals a little difficult :biggrin:

SB

After much careful consideration: brunettes. I have my reasons.

Trying to make a tour in WOV in F-105s or A-6s or , as i am now trying, to do ODS in an F-111 is way more in depth than those times i spent flying F-100s, F-16s or F-15s.

I agree, although once in awhile I still have the urge to go after the MiG's in an F-8 :minigun:

Ground pounder. Nothing like the smell of Napalm in the morning...

I'm rather partial to the A-to-G turn A-to-A mission.

Having to ingress with a butt-ton (yes, this should be a true level of measurement) of bombs and take out a ground target, and after, having to fight your way back out against the enemy CAP. This is true excitement. Knowing when or if to jettison your ordinance, or press through.

-S

Hmmmm I like both cause it is fun terrifying The Iraqi Cannon Fodder Air Force in My Su-30G, but it is equally enjoying terrorizing ground forces in an A-10 with a mixture of CBU-97's, AGM-64's, and the 30mm :minigun::blowup:

A good ground pounder mission(SEAD) with a little air-air for some flavor :clapping:

Fav. plane = F-15E 

Fighter Sweep, Intercept, Combat Air Patrol, if those buttons were real they would be completely worn on my main screen lol

Favourite moments are when after 18 reloads I survive the missile fight and then close in on the last bastard with the good old Vulcan, nothing says "up yours!" like a nice Vulcan burst lol

I do have a weak spot for the good old A-10, the "T-72 decimator".

BTW the GAU-8 sound in DS mod is really sweeeeet *thumbs up*

Mud moving... that's why I prefer Scooters and Spads where possible.

Really this question is like asking "what is your favorite sexual position.. Top or Bottom".

We all know it all boils down to the size of your ordinance and method of delivery...

Really this question is like asking "what is your favorite sexual position.. Top or Bottom".

We all know it all boils down to the size of your ordinance and method of delivery...

Dude that is classic.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Depends on my mood. Basically, for A2A in 60's to 80's, for mud moving in anytime. I was frustrated when encountering Western AAM...