Sign in to follow this  
Guest GISTAND

Removing HUD Text Using SFP1E Cat. Extractor

Guest GISTAND

I figured how to remove the "Anoying/distracting" hud text from the screen....Ex. The text in the "Lower left-hand corner and botton of screen"...This has been anoying bit of info that I did not like during flying in SFP1, WOV and WOE. This anoying text just took away from the releasim of the flight simulators!!!!

The problem with the SFP1 CAT Extractor Editor is that it works great under WINDOW XP but did not "quite" work under WINDOWS VISTA like it supposed to do......But I found a work-around with the SFP1E Cat Extractor Editor...Here we go for Vista users....This will take a LITTLE PATIENTS, but just follow my steps and you should not have any problems!!!

IMPORTANT STEP NOTE: Copy the "FLightData" cat file to desktop....Example: Click on My Computer/Local Drve C:/Program Files/Strategy First/Strike Fighters/Flight/...Look for "FlightData" cat file...Right-click on the cat file and copy it to the "Desktop"....

1. Download SFP1E Cat Extrator/Editor Utility from the download section of Combat Ace, and download to your Desktop.

2. Double-click the SFP1E Cat Editor Utility file to open it...then follow the installation instructions...

3. Double-click the SFP1E Cat Editor Utility icon on the Desktop, that was put on there after installation.

4. You will get a window ....now in the "Select a cat file" drop down window, click the small box to the right of it..(the box with the 3 dots...upper-right corner)

5. When you click on that box you will get another window labeled "Select .cat File"....Note: Make sure the "Look in" pull down window has "Desktop" in

it, because you need to extract the "Flight" Cat file from the Desktop in the below window....

6. Highlight the "Flight" cat folder in that window, that you copied to the desktop earlier...then click "Open"

7. A another window will appear...You should see a lot of files...

8. Now Go down the list and look for the file labeled "HUDDATA.INI"...Highlight that file.

9. Now at the botton there is another box labeled "Extract file" .....Click on it and another window will say "Extracted to C:\User\...\Desktop...Now Click "OK" ......The extracted file should be on the Desktop labeled "HUDDATA"....

10. Double-Click on that file labeled "HUDDATA"

11. Now here is where the "Fun" start....You should see a large window labeled "HUDDATA-Notepad"....

12. Go down to the section called "[infoDisplay]..

13. Now what I did was deleted certain info pretaining the HUD text....the best way for me to explain this step is to show a "Before and After" editing of the "HUDDATA-Notepad" file.....(See below.....)

******BEFORE*****(See below....)

[infoDisplay]

BackgroundImage=TextBackground.tga

BottomLeftPosition=0.01,0.985

BottomRightPosition=0.99,0.985

DisplayWidth=0.20

VerticalBorder=0.0015

HorizontalBorder=0.008

EnemyTargetColor=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0

FriendlyTargetColor=0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0

UnknownTargetColor=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0

WaypointColor=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0

TextFile=HUDText.str

NormalColor=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0

WarningColor1=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0

WarningColor2=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0

AGLAltStart=609.6

AGLAltWarning=152.4

****AFTER*** The Editing/Deletions...(See below...)

[infoDisplay]

BackgroundImage=TextBackground.tga

BottomLeftPosition=

BottomRightPosition=

DisplayWidth=

VerticalBorder=

HorizontalBorder=

EnemyTargetColor=

FriendlyTargetColor=

UnknownTargetColor=

WaypointColor=

TextFile=HUDText.str

NormalColor=

WarningColor1=

WarningColor2=

AGLAltStart=609.6

AGLAltWarning=152.4

INPORTANT: Now "Save" the file so that you don't lose the editing that was done on that file.....Copy this "New" HUDDATA and place it in the "Flight" folder....Example: Click on My Computer/Local Drve C:/Program Files/Strategy First/Strike Fighters/Flight/...Place/Copy the "New" in the "Flight" folder....THATS IT!!!!...GO FLY AND Have some Fun!!!

Note: I also copied that same "NEW" HUDDATA-Notepad file into WOV and WOE which eliminated the hud text in the other simulators!!!!

Cool, ALT+D works too :good:

The information on 'how to" has also been in the Knowledge Base for several years

btw, all caps means you shouting....please try and use regular type.

Header edited by me

Wrench

kevin stein

ALT+D works too

:haha:

No, good modders change everything with Notepad!