Sign in to follow this  
Hawk MMS

Any GI Joe Fans out there?

Action Force fan here! Same thing in the end. Looking forward to the movie. I only wish they had the cahonas to make kids toys like that now. When GI Joe/Action Force went ghey it really was the pits. About 1992 iirc, GI Joe became obsessed with day glow costumes and toxic waste and I stopped begging my mum to buy them. The film looks to be a bit in between "back on track!" and whacked out ghey.

Guest toad2

Hell yeah. We buried Duke, circa 1992 in a toilet paper roll. Chit went down. Who knew they had a hydrafoil? (<packaged that way)

*Scarlet was a no-show.

Does anybody konw when the webisodes are being released?

Falcon

I read somewhere that it won't be for awhile. I was thinking it would be prior to the movie to fan the flames but, i heard possibly not until after. I just want to see snake eyes actually slice and dice

I read somewhere that it won't be for awhile. I was thinking it would be prior to the movie to fan the flames but, i heard possibly not until after. I just want to see snake eyes actually slice and dice

Yeah Me too. Wish the 80's toon was like that.

Falcon

G.I. Joe ...........was standard issue. Can't go wrong with an old 12" Joe and field box equipment.

Yet............I think they should re enlist Chip Hazard. Tommy Lee Joes ..............

He could come back like the terminator..................for the good side. I still like the chipster........even if hollywood used that as a subtle .......anti G.I. Joe dig.............

who where the small soldiers and what was the real message??????

I have to say the rest of the outfit was a nightmare............But I liked Tommy Lee's charater....

2630465122_9c5bae6e89.jpg?v=0

Edited by ClutchCargo22

Looking forward to the movie. I had a 12" G.I. Joe with the footlocker and hang-glider. My mom gave away the figure and I still have the hang-glider and footlocker. I also have alot of the early 80's stuff as well....

Don't know about G.I. Joe - He was marketed as Action Man in the UK. Same figure. I had one of the very first in about 1966-7 or so, and went from there. Every variant! The Officer was first - if you pulled on a dog-tag he had threaded through a hole in his upper chest, he'd talk. The different distance you pulled the tag would change what he said. "Mortar attack, dig in!" was one of my favourites, even though I didn't know what a mortar was, and Mummy wasn't able to tell me.

And the Red Devil - complete with red overalls, white bone-dome and parachute. I used to bung him over the bannisters in the hall, to watch him parachute down.

They had every kind of uniform you could think of - Para Regt, with red beret, SLR and Denison Smock, Infantry Officer, with his SD cap, German soldiers and officers, French resistance, fantastic stuff. And a Scorpion tank, a jeep, and goodness knows what else. I had a whole colony of them, from the original one to the final "true" version, with flocked hair and flexible hands. My favourite toys for years and years. One thing I really regret about growing up was that I couldn't play with Action Man any more.

So I had to do it myself instead! :lol:

Take a look - it brings back nostalgic memories. Oh, to be small again... In a world that was so simple...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Man

Edited by ndicki

here the G.I Joe were called Comandos em Ação!(Commandos in Action !), in early 2000s they had been re-released here and i took everything that i could...man...you have no idea! here you culd buy a pack with 2 action figures for 20 bucks(something about 10 dollars), and the veicles for 40!(20 dollars)...good old times that will not back anymore :(

I loved GI Joes and still do. My age group though is in the 3 3/4 models of the 80s. I don't know all the character names but I know I had SGT. Slaughter, a neat looking Marine I believe in dress uniform with a sword, some paratrooper guy with a red helmet and red/grey suit, a neat diver with green/white suit and orange helmet mask as well as many more. Many of my guys recieved enhancements from me like extra knife sheaths with knives for example mix-matched from other toys. Some of them received yarn and rubber band repairs as well when they would break. One Cobra member I recall lost his hand to a match while creating special effects one day.

I also had this cool armored personel carrier/rocket tank and a jet/helicopter type aircraft.

You have no idea!

Me and my buds back in Nebraska would have these massive GI Joe battles in the fields. We each had something like ten or so 12 inch GI Joes, each completely decked out with everything from M1911s to M-16A2/203s. One of my friends had a Helicopter, another had a Air Cooled 50 Caliber from the Pearl Harbor GI Joe, I had a jeep with a rocket launcher rack. We'd dig trenches for them, set up pill boxes, make bunkers, tents, field hospitals. Then spend a whole afternoon out there playing. It was much fun. I always had my Navy Seal GI Joes HALO jump in the back and screw things up for my friend muahahahahahaha!

Take a look - it brings back nostalgic memories. Oh, to be small again... In a world that was so simple...

Those were the days, my friend,

We thought they'd never end,

We'd sing and dance forever and a day,

We lived the life we choose,

We'd fight AND NEVER LOSE!

Those were the days,

Oh yes, those were the days,,,, :good:

OK, chaps, have a gander at this one, then:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...Action-Man.html

In short, the MoD is reissuing Action Man to encourage reticent children, polluted by tree-hugging lefty beardy-weirdy anti-war wasters, to consider joining HM Forces. It's a long term plan, but it may just work... I'm going to buy one or two for my children (i.e. for me, but they can play with them!) just to see if it works. But then, my eldest already has designs on the Typhoon for herself. A real one.

Sh!t. I have to wait till 8th May. May just have saved enough by then...

Edited by ndicki