Sign in to follow this  
avi8tor

Hard drive space running out!

Well thanks to the newest desert storm mod and Yankee air pirate I am running out of hard drive space on my laptop. I wanted to ask what would be the best solution. Most of the space on my hard drive is taken up by flight sims etc. Could I play games from an external usb hard drive or flash drive?

You could from an external I've got most my games on externals and they run fine.I don"t think you could find a big enough flash drive to put a game on, their mostly just for storage and if you did find a big enough one it would probably cost just about the same as an external.

Thanks that's good to hear. Looks like I will buy an external hard drive then. Do you have any recommendations?

Don't even go there

SFP1 (one and everything) 50gig

Falkland 2.5

WOW (highly modded) 6.5

Nato fighters (3.0)

ODS 6.5

WOI (3.0)

Hi, best bet is external drive. i have several TW installs on them. Works ok. get Western digital as its reliable. prices are decent also such as Best Buy or Amazon.com.

If you have a lot of TW installs for campaigns you could just copy the folders over to an external flash drive - then copy one over to the PC HD when you need to play it.